All Units Missing When Loading Game With Mods

Azem.Ocram

King
When loading a savegame started with Pandorus Lite, Dark Networks Reveal Entire Map, ImprovedAffinity and a Crawler mod (which I customized), all units (aliens, workers, explorers, military, etc) disappear and none ever show up, even if I build or buy workers. The same problem occurs when starting game with unlimited experience/veterency from aliens so I stopped using it. I was able to load the game at turn 107 and play from then on from the main menu (no mods) but the map's name becomes weird, Dark Networks no longer say it reveals the map on the tech web, and the flavor for the crawler changed back to default. At least the affinities retained their modded characteristics (level 16 for affinity victory and 6/6/6 to build beacon).

I don't understand why loading a game with the proper mods results in such a bad glitch but loading it without mods has seemingly no negative side affects (besides 3/4 mods not showing up).

After some experimentation, I seem to be able to load the games fine if I turn off the map mods. I have no clue why that works.

Seems pretty clear to be mod conflicts (that apparently resolved themselves when you omitted some mods). With mods all you can do is try games with and without certain mods to identify the culprit (and even then you won't know whether the omitted mod is defective or well written, but just conflicts with one or more other mods).

Do you have any problems when you start a fresh, new game without any mods?

I never had any problems with unmodded games but I found it rather odd that the two map mods I used to generate the map (Enormous Atlantean Deluxe with advanced features including abundant resources, tropical temperature and wet humidity) were the cause of issues when loading. When loading without them, the map gets a weird name and the size is displayed as "random" but no other issues appear.

Top Bottom