Allow change of a faction's Gov't Civic

Should factions be able to change their Government Civic?

• Yes

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • I do not care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This rule would undermine the whole purpose in having factions. It is a core rule and should not be changed IMO.

I think they should BUT have the support of the majority of the population.

I agree, they should be able to change gov't civics, but in that case there should be an immediate vote similar to a rebellion vote as to whether the new gov't stays in power(Unless there is a poll as to whether to change civics prior to the actual change).

Civics should be locked to the Faction Platform, this entire game hinges on that very rule, and should not be violated. Also, this proposal needs 2/3 to pass, as its a core rule, after an official round with discussions, debates and a fully fledged core rule proposal. The idea of the civic being locked to the core faction platform is to ensure that factions present a long term plan for their term, to cycle who is in charge (not perpetuate) and finally allow for "realism", in that anarchy always lead to a new government. I want someone new to take over the reins now, but not to ruin our core rules we fought so long and hard for.

Vandal Warlord, please leave the civic component of the core rules alone, we won it dearly in the core rule debates.

There is nothing preventing the people in a faction from creating a new faction with the new civic. And I have to agree with Provolution that the concept of people flowing to the new faction with a new ideal is one of the core principles that the faction system was based on.

Besides, we're seeing new faction formation and the flow of people between factions even now, without a government civic change.

As for the process of rule changes, I don't think this poll can result in a rule change. A rule change needs to post the new language for the rule, which this poll doesn't do.

The core rules section on changing the core rules says only a majority is needed.

No, they shouldn't

An old faction with great new ideas have outlived itself, and the ones with the new ideas should break out and form a new faction, not consolidate their power to keep people out.

*cough* Triad *cough*

Could this not have been a public poll?

To the defense of the Triad, we covered 3500 years or so and managed to help build up an interesting historical take on the game, many here missed.

I agree, they should be able to change gov't civics, but in that case there should be an immediate vote similar to a rebellion vote as to whether the new gov't stays in power(Unless there is a poll as to whether to change civics prior to the actual change).

This is how I envision it working, where the rebellion acts like a confidence vote situation, and if the PF fails to get a majority, then hold new elections.

Do we really hav 20 active members? I hav seen 8 total citizens post recently. Sorry, off topic, but we hav 20 poll votes

That's why you need public polls, my man. The powers that be draft in people from all over that know nothing of the game. Vote robots.

Personally I think that out of power factions should be able to switch their civic choices anytime they like but the ones in power should be locked into it until they lose power.

Top Bottom