Alternative Difficulty Mod

Quick feedback on the new version of this mod wih VP 3.2.2:

Played on deity until renaissance and difficulty felt just right. Top AI is 10 techs ahead of me, while other AIs are somewhere in between us. AIs were a bit weaker early, but then picked up steam. Feels quite similar to older versions and makes deity like it should be. Without this mod, the game becomes too easy later on if you manage to take over at least one AI.

Thank you a lot for updating this mod! I actually went back to an older version of VP just to make this mod available before you updated it.

Is this compatible with version 4.2+?

Hmmm, I checked the code and it should be compatible I think, all is in SQL and with existing tables and rows (I should check it tho).

But what's weird is that every difficulty has the same handicaps, from Settler to Deity. I assume it's an oversight copy-error. Let's hope Milae will return one day :)
(or I'll ask for his permission to do it myself, although can only guess the values lol)

Last edited:
Is this compatible with version 4.2+?

Hmmm, I checked the code and it should be compatible I think, all is in SQL and with existing tables and rows (I should check it tho).

But what's weird is that every difficulty has the same handicaps, from Settler to Deity. I assume it's an oversight copy-error. Let's hope Milae will return one day :)
(or I'll ask for his permission to do it myself, although can only guess the values lol)
I think its integrated into base VP now.

Top Bottom