Aluminium's AoK Unit Modifications

@Aluminium
Someone made it a while ago. Alternative attack that turns throwing axeman into ordinary axeman, much more useful for me. Attached to the post.

Attachments

• attackalt.zip
    67.1 KB · Views: 169
Originally posted by loseth

'Cataphract' (plural 'Cataphracts' or 'Cataphractii') is an English word derived from a Latin word, which in turn derives from a Greek term with a meaning of 'armoured' or 'protected' (adjective), 'body armour' or 'horse armour' (noun). The term came to apply generally to a heavily armoured cavalryman, especially one whose horse was also armoured. The term applies to such cavalrymen in the Near East in general, but is especially associated with the Byzantine Cataphracts of Justinian’s time.

The usual equipment for Cataphracts was a long chain or scale shirt, chain or scale horse armour, a lance or spear, a shield, a sidearm (often a sword, mace or axe) and sometimes a bow. Even heavier than a Cataphract was a ‘Clibanarius’ (basically a REALLY heavy cavalryman), but this type was far less popular (and probably less effective) than the Cataphract.

not quite right- Clibinarius and cataphract were utterlly interchangable troops, but of either it seems that it was clibinarii who were the light of the two, being used more in ranged cavalry tactics

a few notes on thie equipment-

A)one of the main differences between a cataphract and a night is the use of the Kontos, a type of pike, weilded with both hands, and used in a melee type fasion, as opposed to the lance, which was simply pointed and held forwards for a single cavalry charge

B)after the reforms went into place putting bows on cataphracts in the first place, it was not an occasional sight to see a bow- it was a mandoatroy one

C)I have never heard of an axe being used as a side arm- but would not be surprised if cataphracts had both a swoard, and a mace- depednding on the trooper individual wealth

Originally posted by embryodead
@Aluminium
Someone made it a while ago. Alternative attack that turns throwing axeman into ordinary axeman, much more useful for me. Attached to the post.

Looks better than the original attack. I will make it shortly.:)

Yes! Finally the Conquest Quetzal Bowman will get it's own graphics, instead of having to use those of the Babylonian Bowman.

Thanks. :goodjob:

@Dann: There were already several archer available for mesoamerican in the American Conquest conversion thread

Oops. :o Forgot about those.

But...but...but...this one has civilopedia PCXs. :D

Really? Great. Will download that tonight after everyone else at the office had gone home. (Less people=faster download)

@Dann and Steph

I have moded versions of the Cosscks, AC and FB units too. They are smaller, have smoother shadows, lighter Civ colors, gunpowder units have attack smoke and I made pedia icons with antialiasing. :D

@DoubleT
Any more? ;)

Top Bottom