Amending the Code of Laws - Designated Players

except when we dont have hardly enough people for elections and they are running again.

I hate to not vote for someone in another office becuase they screwed up as DP but thats what it usually comes down to.

I just meant don't vote for the same position. (ie DP) Like if I get voted to be Public Defender and you think I did a bad job at that position, don't vote for me at that position again. That doesn't mean I wouldn't be a good MoI or something else that you could vote for me.

Also realize that many first time DP's are going to make mistakes. Let's kindly point out what we think he did wrong and explain why. Our DP pool ran out for this month because we had scared so many away. It's only if someone makes wonton mistakes to directly destroy the game or ignore popular demands that we need to worry about.

One thing I noticed. In section A, VIB:

When put up for removal, the Designated Player has one day to plead his case

One day is too short. I can't remember what the normal times for people to respond in CC cases (3 or 4 days?) are, but I would make the length of time the same.

Oldbus, I have changed it to three days. I didn't want to be a long drawn-out process, but I suppose we should give the DP a little bit more time before the poll begins.

We haven't had any comments on this amendment for a few days. If this area concerns you at all (and I'd like to think it should, considering the DP mistakes we've had in the last few months), then please read it in the first post and post your comments.

I will propose this amendment to the Term 6 Judiciary after the start of the term if there are few significant comments.

Sigma,

Thank you for bringing up this discussion. I certainly wish I would have looked here before posting in the recent election. :blush: Please accept my apologies.

That being said, this looks like a step in the right direction, and I wouldn't change much. I would like to add a possible idea that could either be implemented now, or added in a future amendment once this passes:

President's Rights The President will be allowed to run up to three (3) turnchats during his elected term if he so chooses. The DP Pool will fill in for all sessions where the President cannot.

I don't have time to flesh this idea out, but think it may be a good addition either now or in the future. If you feel that adding this measure will risk the passage of your amendment, then we can discuss it in a future thread.

Just a proposal, Maybe we could have it so every week we have 1-3 TCs. For example monday/tuesday and thursday/friday (DP choose specific day) Also[optional] president play day could be tuesday/wednesday/thursday. This may be streching it a bit put we have to do something about the slow pace.

Donovan Zoi, on line 4.A.II it says "The President shall choose on a session by session basis on whether he shall be the Designated Player of that session or if the session will be played by a member of the Designated Player Pool." While I don't think this has ever been invoked, it is already there.

Vind2, I'd prefer to stick to a deadline system than a rigid schedule. It gives more flexibility, and makes it easier to track. I.e., My TC finished yesterday at 8:00 PM, so you have until tomorrow at 8:00 PM to post your TC, and it must be scheduled for between 2 and 5 days of the time it is posted.

I would like to take the next step in this amendment and put forward the following proposed poll.

Poll Question: Do you approve the following amendment to the Code of Laws?

Options:
  • Yes
  • No
  • Abstain

------
Additions are in blue and removals are in red and strikethrough:

Section 4 The Designated Player

A) The Designated Player
I. The Designated Player is the person who is tasked to perform the instructions of the officials in the game.

II. The President shall choose on a session by session basis on whether he shall be the Designated Player of that session or if the session will be played by a member of the Designated Player Pool.

III. Nominations and elections for the Designated Player shall occur at the time as the other nominations and elections.
IIIA. Elections for Designated player shall be a multiple choice poll with any and all nominees gathering over 50.00% being elected to the Designated Player Pool.
IIIB. The Designated Players will play in the order of those who did not play in the last term in order of votes from highest to lowest followed by those who did play last term in order of votes from highest to lowest. Ties in the number of votes will be broken by the first accepted nomination. Once the Designated Player pool is used up, the rotation starts again at the top of the list.​

IV. A Designated Player shall choose whether his Play Session will be online or offline.

V. The President may appoint any Citizen as Designated Player at any point in his term. If any Citizen objects to this appointment, he may post a confirmation poll as described in section 8.C.VIA.

VI. Removal of Designated Players
VIA. If any Designated Player misses his Turnchat, he will be put up for removal. The President may put any Designated Player up for removal for not following instructions as required of a Designated Player. In addition, the Citizens may petition the President to put a Designated Player up for removal, provided they gather at least five signatures.
VIB. When put up for removal, the Designated Player has three days to plead his case, after which a recall poll will be posted by the President. The poll will have the question, "Should <name> be removed from the Designated Player Pool?", the answers "Yes", "No", and "Abstain", and will be open for no less than four days. It must be a private poll that all citizens can vote on. If a majority of votes are Yes, excluding Abstain, then the Designated Player is removed.
VIC. While a Designated Player is up for removal, he is automatically skipped from running any Turnchats.​

V. If the Designated Player is unavailable to play at the designated time, the highest ranking member of the Triumvirate, or if no Triumvirate members are present, or those present decline to play the highest ranking Cabinet member, or if no Cabinet members are present, or those present decline to play a member of the Designated Player pool at the chat can choose to play the session in place of the Designated Player who is absent or the session can be canceled. (Cancelled instead of going through succession)
VA. In this instance the absent Designated Player loses his slot until the next run through.

VI. If the results of an Offline Session are not posted within 48 hours of the designated starting time that game session is declared void and canceled and that Designated Player is skipped and the next Designated Player takes over. (Moved to part B)

B) Actions of the Designated Player
I. Instructions of Elected and appointed officials:
IA. The Designated Player shall follow all instructions from elected and appointed officials regarding their respective areas.
1. If no instructions from a given office are posted for a game session the Designated Player assumes the powers of that office for the game session.
2. The Designated Player must refuse all illegal instructions. The Designated Player may request a Judicial Review to determine the validity of an instruction and delay play until the Judicial Review has been completed.​
IB. Legal Exploits
1. Any Legal Exploits pertaining to Article E section 4 of the Constitution will go here.​

II. Scheduling the Turnchat:
IIA. The Designated Player must acknowledge that it is his turn, schedule his Turnchat, and post the corresponding Instruction Thread no later than 3 days after the start of the term, the end of the previous Turnchat, or the notice that the previous Designated Player has been skipped.
IIB. The Turnchat must be scheduled for between 2 and 5 days after the date and time the Instruction Thread is posted.
IIC. If the Designated Player does not post his Instruction Thread within 3 days of his turn, the President may order that the current Designated Player be skipped, and it will become the next Designated Player's turn.
IID. The Designated Player can at any time voluntarily ask to be skipped. If he has already scheduled a Turnchat, it will be cancelled and the Instruction Thread will be considered void. Upon voluntarily asking to be skipped, the action takes place immediately, and it is the next Designated Player's turn.
IIE. The Designated Player should notify the President well in advance of any extended periods of absence. This notification should be posted in a public place, and preauthorizes the President to skip that Designated Player without waiting the 3 days if it becomes his turn during a period of absence.​

III. Rescheduling the Turnchat:
IIIA. Any member of the Triumvirate or the Censor may ask the current Designated Player to reschedule his turnchat, due to an important decision that needs more time to be made, such as the declaration of war. The Turnchat may be rescheduled for no later than 3 days after than the original Turnchat. A Turnchat may not be rescheduled more than two times in this way.
IIIB. The Designated Player may reschedule his own Turnchat for any personal reason, provided he gives notice at least one hour in advance. The Turnchat may be rescheduled for no later than 3 days after than the original Turnchat. A Turnchat may not be rescheduled more than once in this way.
IIIC. If a Designated Player must reschedule his Turnchat for any reason but cannot run it at the new date and time, he may ask to be skipped, and the Turnchat will be deferred to the next Designated Player.​

IV. Cancelling the Turnchat:
IVA. The Designated Player may cancel a Turnchat at any time up to 1 hour before its start by asking to be skipped.
IVB. If the Designated Player does not give notice at least one hour in advance, or misses an online Turnchat completely, it will automatically be cancelled and the Designated Player will be skipped and considered for removal.
IVC. If the results of an Offline Session are not posted within 48 hours of the designated starting time that game session is declared void and cancelled and that Designated Player will be skipped and considered for removal.​
Also add this line to Section 1.B.IIA (the powers and duties of the president)
7. The President is responsible for managing the internal affairs of the Designated Player Pool.

Sigma, please edit the mock poll post to remove the quote tags. I can't cut & paste it with the formatting into the ratification poll when it's included in a quote.

Done. :)

Top Bottom