An easy way around the Familiar Exotics quest and how to complete it all the time

bhavv

Glorious World Dictator
Go with the Harmony option and build the Xenodrome wonder which gives a free Xenosanctuary needed to complete the quest.

I dont think you need Xenomass for the free building from the wonder right?

Actually I think yo can build the Xenosancturay without Xenomass in the capital, it just consumes 1 from your resource pool.

Xenodrome requires 3 geothermal. I don't know about you but that resource is notoriously annoying for me to find.

Xenodrome requires 3 geothermal. I don't know about you but that resource is notoriously annoying for me to find.
Funnily in my last game, I chose to go Harmony early on (having won Purity already). Turned out there were literally 0 alien nests within 50 tiles of my capital. There was a puny source of 2 xenomass in a wildlands-ish area that was about 25 hex from my capital and amongst several other AIs, who didn't like me expanding. I tried to expand there and two of them declared war on me. I wiped out F-I and got a pitiful 3 from her territory, and eventually another 3 one I tracked down her life-boat cities on a different island to the west.

I had several sources of floatstone in my territory but never researched the tech for it. Had no titanium until I conquered F-I, and only a couple of piddly sources of Firaxite and about 8 petroleum. But boy oh boy did I have geothermal, ended the game with 23. Gave a lot of energy from their improvements too.

Geothermal is simple to find.

Does getting it free actually count? I know that the free colony pod from the virtue doesn't fulfill the build one quest...

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

The free colonist fulfills the quest for me, you just have to make sure you pass the Research Pioneering step first (delay the virtue if necessary).

The free colonist fulfills the quest for me, you just have to make sure you pass the Research Pioneering step first (delay the virtue if necessary).
Ah, that explains what happened to me. That's slightly odd, because other "build x" quests will automatically fill in the 2nd part if you've achieved it before the 1st.

as long as the previous steps are achieved, you can fulfill the final steps. Hence why having Pioneering before the free colonist completes the quest (has a step to research it) and otherwise does not.

I did it with the Wonder in my last game.

Took me way too many turns because I had terrible production tiles for my cities.

Top Bottom