ancient temple excavation

Kathy

King
download here

A new modcomp. This adds "ancient temples" to the game, a bonus-recource without any use. But scouts and explorers can excave this recource and create a kind of goody hut. The temple is removed than.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 656
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 574
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 570
It is a normal "built improvement"-Button. When it is ready, a unit has to enter the field after completing this.

The red thing was a mistake in my art defines xml, but I corrected it.

I noticed that a bunch of stuff was left in this mod that isn't necessary for the ancient temple excavation mod. Stuff like solar power plants and different units and resources. This is mostly in the included text xml file and art defines xml files. This can cause conflicts with other mods that you're trying to merge things with. I cleaned a lot of these extras out of mine but you might want to clean them out yourself for future versions of this.

edit: Didn't mean to sound too harsh. I must say this is a very cool idea and fits well with some story ideas of mine. Does the AI effectively utilize this?

Hi, Wolfhound.
You're rigth, I think I was a bit lazy in cleaning up the art defines and the texts. Next time I publish a mod I will pay more attention to this.

About the AI: I am not sure. I think not, because the scout/explorer do not have worker AI (which would cause problems), so the Ai would only rarely use them to build excavations. But when it is build, I think the AI would explore it like a goody hut.

I've researched Education and have an explorer ready to excavate a ruin, but it is giving me a rather abnormally high number of turns (like over 200 million) for it to complete. The "time" in the builds xml file is at 800, same as the forest preserve. Is this some kind of glitch or will the excavation eventually be built?

It seems to be a bug. Normally the explorer should need 16 turn (I think he has got a work rate of 50). I sometimes see wrong numbers like this in my game, and the items are completed as normal, so it could be an error in the interface. I suggest testing it, if the excavation is not built within 16 turns, there must be a bug.
One idea from my side: Did you check whether te explorer has got a workrate that is different from 0? I hope I did not forget this before publishing this modcomp.:blush:

I don't see a "workrate" for units in the units xml file (I'm reading and editing it with Serna), but then again I'm not a complete expert on this myself.

Oh I see it now... yes it looks like the workrate for scout and explorer are at 0 x.x. What should they be at? 100?

further edit: I believe this may have been an error I made in merging this with my mod now. I brought over the build abilities for scouts and explorers but not the workrates. x.x.. I feel kinda lame now.

further edit: it takes 41 turns now though with a workrate of 50. Perhaps the workrate should be higher? I have an explorer building an excavation on ruins in a desert tile. marathon speed. hmm... yeah its probably right for marathon.

I think, for Marathon this is okay, but if you want it to be built faster, you can of course increase the rate. I just checked it: The original work rate of scouts in this mod is 50, for Explorers it is 100.

Top Bottom