1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Ancient World Mod - Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Macintosh' started by tupaclives, Feb 15, 2012.

1. tupaclives

tupaclives Tupac Lives on!!

Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone had had any luck in getting the Ancient World mod to work? http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=416329&page=11

It looks fantastic but I can't get it to work. Normally with patience I can move enough files around to get the mods to work but I'm not sure what folders need what files for this one.

The error I'm stuck on is

"LOAD ERROR
    FILE NOT FOUND

"Art\Units\..\..\CIV3PTW\extras\MedievalJapan\Art\Units\OtomoSpearman\SpearOtomoRun.amb"

The game will now exit."

Anybody have any ideas?

2. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

That looks like a problem with the PTW extras - not the scenario. Where do you have the PTW extras installed?

3. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

That's a standard error message on Civ3 Complete. The mod is attempting to access a folder that exists, but looking in the wrong place.The folder it wants is \Art\ Units\OtomoSpearman\, and it is in /Applications/Civ III Complete/Play the World Game Data/Extras/Medieval Japan/.

It's a while since I played with this, so my memory is fading, but you may be able to fix it by creating an alias of the folder /Applications/Civ III Complete/Play the World Game Data/, renaming the alias as CIV3PTW, and putting it somewhere in the Civ3 Complete folder structure.

I think Aspyr tried to get this kind of problem resolved by setting up some sort of search sequence, but this one defeats it. It may be as simple as the fact that there's a space in the Mac folder name "Medieval Japan", which doesn't seen to be there in the error message you are seeing.