AND just for speed

Tuzak

Chieftain
Hi there

I haven't played RoM that much yet and for me, there are plenty of options to explore, I don't need more content atm. The only real drawback of ROM is the waiting time between turns... already now growing to 30ish seconds and I am still in medieval times (huge Earth, 18 Civs.. well ok, with all the barbs the Civs have increased to over 20) Once and again a MAF as well (but only very rarely).

Could I dl AND and not use any options? Would that basically speed up RoM and make it more stable without making any other changes to RoM?

Cheers

Hi there

I haven't played RoM that much yet and for me, there are plenty of options to explore, I don't need more content atm. The only real drawback of ROM is the waiting time between turns... already now growing to 30ish seconds and I am still in medieval times (huge Earth, 18 Civs.. well ok, with all the barbs the Civs have increased to over 20) Once and again a MAF as well (but only very rarely).

Could I dl AND and not use any options? Would that basically speed up RoM and make it more stable without making any other changes to RoM?

Cheers

Yes. In fact, in the newest Betas, I included an option "Lite" which installs the minimum changes, basically only the speed boosts and AI improvements. No new content is installed. :p

Many thanks for the quick reply.

mmh, looking through the additional content, I might still choose following:
Realistic Diplo
Civic Flavour Mod
Seafaring Minimod
CAR
Civic attitudes
Sea tunnels
Surround + Destroy
Balanced Civics
Early Buildings
+ maybe no Storms?

Would that impair speed significantly (of course, CAR improves speed)? Does no storms really add that much speed (I kind of like the looks of the storms...)?

Many thanks for the quick reply.

mmh, looking through the additional content, I might still choose following:
Realistic Diplo
Civic Flavour Mod
Seafaring Minimod
CAR
Civic attitudes
Sea tunnels
Surround + Destroy
Balanced Civics
Early Buildings
+ maybe no Storms?

Would that impair speed significantly (of course, CAR improves speed)? Does no storms really add that much speed (I kind of like the looks of the storms...)?

Realistic Diplomacy, Civic Flavors & Attitudes , Seafaring, Sea Tunnels, & Balanced Civics should not affect speed whatsoever.

Early Buildings might slow RoM down a tiny bit (I mean like 2%, hardly noticable), and No Storms should give a 10-15% Boost.

The reason storms slow down the game is that a lot of storms confuses the AI's pathfinding routines for units. So the later the game, the more it will slow it down. It's completely optional though.

One last comment, even if you install every single new feature AND has to offer, your game will still be about 75% faster than RoM 2.81 is. That's just how big of a difference AND is. Night and Day, in terms of difference.

One last comment, even if you install every single new feature AND has to offer, your game will still be about 75% faster than RoM 2.81 is. That's just how big of a difference AND is. Night and Day, in terms of difference.

And even if it was your only achievement, it would make you our lifelong :king: in our RoM world :)

Top Bottom