1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Anno Domini 1.01

Play the Ancient World

1. Lehnardtsson

Lehnardtsson Chieftain

Hi Rob, you saw there is a mediterranean map that is released....

2. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

Yes, I've seen it thanks. I'm not sure whether I'd put any maps in until towards the end of the project (we had maps in one version of Anno Domini for Civ 5, but they then didn't work for the next version. I may be doing some Anno Domini-based scenarios along the way, for which I'd use the maps.

3. davbenbak

davbenbak Lackey

Didn't see it in the Steam Workshop?

4. Rob (R8XFT)

There's no way I'm posting it there yet!

Whilst I'm here, I'm currently updating the civics, policies + governments. I'm aiming to have a new version ready by the end of July.

5. davbenbak

davbenbak Lackey

Sounds Great! I'm eagerly awaiting the release.

Rob (R8XFT) likes this.
  6. Giffica

Giffica Chieftain

Hey, was wondering if you wanted me to do TSL work for any maps you wanted. If you look over on the YNAMP thread for europe, i've already started work on their Europe make to make a game more accurate to the ancient bronze age era for my self. I've also begun work on modding some extra City States and potentially some civs. Since your project is something i've enjoyed since civ6, was wondering if you wanted me to do all the TSL's for you? If you picked a map ideal for this project, I would be happy to help edit that to be what you wanted. That would include major settlement sites during the Bronze Age as well, if you wanted some city names as well for the map (places like Mari, Ugarit, etc)

Also, since I understand this is a passion project for you personally, there would be no desire to merge our projects together. Rather, you can just utilize the map/tsl/city names that I would set up for my personal use (and anyone who wanted to download). I would also like to add your civs as they come out.

However, i do not have a map, and that's the largest thing holding me back presently. I've done personal work on the Europe make to make some tiles more accurate/playable (levant, most noticeably), but it lacks some areas that I would really find crucial for an ancient world game. Namely, vast persian lands, southern arabia, and the lower nile/punt area. Also includes way to much "cold land" in useless areas of the map, and doesn't need really any atlantic ocean tiles lol.

7. Rob (R8XFT)

Wow, what a fantastic offer, thank-you!! I think what may happen is that some of the individual civ groups may get their own map, e.g. a map of the Nile region for the "Battle for the Nile" civilizations. Of course there may be a suitable map that would cover all (or most) of the civilizations (Lehnardtsson mentioned above that there was a new Mediterranean map out).

8. Giffica

Giffica Chieftain

Yeh any map you feel accurately represents your civs, and the way you want your map to work would be fine with me. Although, I think leaving out most of northern europe, and just including the Mediterranean would be the thing to do. I would say, something like from Spain to the Horn of Africa to the Indus Valley, to the Caucus mountains? Something like that would, in my research, accurately cover most of early civilization. Of China is left out, but that's just a reality in most regional map making.

Egypt is garbage on almost all Mediterranean maps. That's a major problem. Upper Egypt (soutern) was a MAJOR core of their empire, and it's not even on the Europe male for YNAMP. Realistically, it's strange there is no map of "the islamic world", because that is mostly what early bronze age would want to cover for a map.

9. Rob (R8XFT)

I like the suggestions you made over in the YnAMP Play Europe Again thread. I agree that we don't need Scandinavia in the map for Anno Domini and that extending the North African/Arabian areas would be nice. My only reservations I have are that I would like room for Arminius of Germany and for there to be Britain in there.

10. Rob (R8XFT)

I've been working on updating the civics tree along with the governments, with the following key amendments:
    • The Great People slots have disappeared as a "type"; they've been integrated into the other slots, e.g. the +2 Great General points policy is now a Military one.
    • Diplomacy slots have now taken over the former Great People position; they don't fit into any government type as a unique slot but can be used in a Wildcard slot.
    • Social Policy slots have taken over the former Diplomacy slots. These cover cultural, religious and amenity bonuses.
    • Economic Policy slots remain and cover gold/trade bonuses, along with scientific and production bonuses.
    • Naturally I'm weeding out some policies that don't fit with the Ancient world and putting new ones in.
    • The UI has been revamped to cover the changes so that they're not confusing; so the green card backgrounds have moved to the new Diplomacy slots and the new Social policies have a blue background.
    Here's a couple of early governments - they appear very early in the game and currently don't have bonuses, like Chiefdom.
    Spoiler :

I've added Anno Arci (Year of the bow) as a new era name inbetween Anno Incepti and Anno Aeris. This is the timeframe for the mod:
    Anno Incepti - Dawn of man and the rise of Egypt
    Anno Arci - Around the time of New Kingdom Egypt
    Anno Aeris - Bronze Age, ancient Greek states era
    Anno Extentionis - Iron Age and the rise of Rome
    Anno Imperii - pre birth of Christ Rome
    Anno Domini - very early AD; the last playable era
    Anno Obscuri - Dark Ages; where "future tech" would be

I'm hoping to have the mod available, with all these changes, in about a fortnight.

As always, I welcome your thoughts!

11. ppascale

ppascale Chieftain

I am having a hell of a time getting this mod to show up in my Civ 6 game. I followed what you said to do and still nothing. What suggestions do you have for me?

12. Rob (R8XFT)

It's difficult to suggest anything if I don't know specifically what the issue is. Are you selecting Anno Domini from the drop down menu in the top right in the advanced menu (where you'd pick a ruleset)?

13. ppascale

ppascale Chieftain

Anno domini isn't even a choice. That is the problem. Could it be that I am running the game on a computer that has the minimum requirements to actually play the game?

14. Rob (R8XFT)

Anno Domini should be a choice if you've added the mod correctly. Have you any other mods active? Is Anno Domini actually active? Do you have DLC4 with Macedonia and Persia?

15. ppascale

ppascale Chieftain

Idk if I have or not. I disabled all the other mods I had active other than the Firaxis DLC content. Which includes the Macedonia and Persia dlc. Idk how to see if Anno domini is active or not

16. Rob (R8XFT)

Really sorry, but it's very difficult for me to understand what has gone wrong with your set-up. All I can ask is for you to ensure that you have Anno Domini enabled, plus any Anno Domini civ packs - but no other mods, just Firaxis content, then to go to the advanced menu and select Anno Domini from the dropdown in the top right.

17. ppascale

ppascale Chieftain

So I do need the individual anno Domini civ packs too? Do I put them in the scenario folder as well?

18. ppascale

ppascale Chieftain

So I got the mod to show up and everything but it seems to not work with the tsl earth map? Is that just an issue with the mod or what?

19. Rob (R8XFT)

Glad you got it running, but it's intended to be run without other mods. There's no TSL compatibility at the moment; Giffica has offered to do some TSL work with maps specifically located in the Mediterranean region, and that will happen as the mod progresses.

20. Rob (R8XFT)

Since the summer patch landed yesterday, unfortunately my updated version of Anno Domini no longer works....I'm trying to fix it, but it's holding up publishing the mod, sorry. No ETA at this moment in time.