Annoying things

Ess85

Chieftain
Hey!
First of all i just wanna say thanks for an amazing Mod, makes Civ5 so much better!
I've noticed two things that annoys me abit.
First when hovering over bananas i see no info, just says "BANANAS" in green capital letters.
Second thing is Barbarians should not be able to plunder cities if you have a military unit garrisoned in the city.

If you want barbarians not to plunder a city, then just kill barbarian units.

You're just going to have to put your unit in danger to protect the city. Its a tradeoff.

As for the BANANAS, its because Bananas no longer give any base yield.

I think the barbs plunder less if you have a garrison as I think the amount plundered scales with the difference of CS between the city and the raider. It might have been changed however, hard to tell.

I think the barbs plunder less if you have a garrison as I think the amount plundered scales with the difference of CS between the city and the raider. It might have been changed however, hard to tell.

I think it scales with yields produced, but I have no idea.

Yep. Barb CS is compared to City CS. Bigger difference (in Barb favor) = better chance for pillage. Pillage value corresponds to % of local yields that are stolen.

G

If i have a unit outside the city they just go around it, damn smart barbarians :mad:

Anyways, thanks for the answers, got abit more info.

Yep. Barb CS is compared to City CS. Bigger difference (in Barb favor) = better chance for pillage. Pillage value corresponds to % of local yields that are stolen.

G

And how is the damage dealt to barbarians calculated? Is it proportional to the damage they deal to a city? Because quite frankly archers are much better at pillaging than horsemen - the former can pillage consequently a handful of times while the latter always suicide on the first try immediately. If it wasn't for the swiftness of horsemen, they'd be a nuissance compared to weaker barbs. :)

And how is the damage dealt to barbarians calculated? Is it proportional to the damage they deal to a city? Because quite frankly archers are much better at pillaging than horsemen - the former can pillage consequently a handful of times while the latter always suicide on the first try immediately. If it wasn't for the swiftness of horsemen, they'd be a nuissance compared to weaker barbs. :)

Yes - the greater the difference, the larger the amount of damage to cities and units alike. Your (I believe) illustration of barb horsemen as 'meteors of meat' is a fair approximation.

G

Yes - the greater the difference, the larger the amount of damage to cities and units alike. Your (I believe) illustration of barb horsemen as 'meteors of meat' is a fair approximation.

G

Nope, I'm not to be credited for that metaphor, although I must admit it's quite hilarious.

Top Bottom