another diplomacy trick I discovered!

spellsteal

Chieftain
So I dow-ed China who has been getting pretty edgy with me and having all of these mean looking chu nuk ko dudes and India who is the biggest peace loving bastard of all time gave me a heavy diplo hit (we hate warmonger)

Note that this is on deity so India has all of these wonders, a whole era ahead, the strongest ai in the game, and now hates me with units encroaching my borders.

Thought I was doomed, then I decided to give everything I had to Egypt, the second strongest AI to declare war on TWO civilizations so that he can get the diplo hit x2( i noticed that if you traded a dow for each one at different time he demands more but if you ask him to dow twice in one turn he will ask less, not sure if this is a bug)

India backed off my borders and denounced Egypt which after Egypt made peace with the two other civs I talked him into dow India.

At this moment, I lost the we hate warmongers diplo hit from India as he is in a war (is this how you get rid of it?)

It was fun weaving international discords with the strongest entities in the world.

Wow that's actually really cool. It's amazing what a little ingenuity can get you. Thanks for the find, I'll be sure to try this if the situation calls for it.

So I dow-ed China who has been getting pretty edgy with me and having all of these mean looking chu nuk ko dudes and India who is the biggest peace loving bastard of all time gave me a heavy diplo hit (we hate warmonger)

Note that this is on deity so India has all of these wonders, a whole era ahead, the strongest ai in the game, and now hates me with units encroaching my borders.

Thought I was doomed, then I decided to give everything I had to Egypt, the second strongest AI to declare war on TWO civilizations so that he can get the diplo hit x2( i noticed that if you traded a dow for each one at different time he demands more but if you ask him to dow twice in one turn he will ask less, not sure if this is a bug)

India backed off my borders and denounced Egypt which after Egypt made peace with the two other civs I talked him into dow India.

At this moment, I lost the we hate warmongers diplo hit from India as he is in a war (is this how you get rid of it?)

It was fun weaving international discords with the strongest entities in the world.

It is unclear that why you did go through all of these steps.

Why did you DoW China? Assuming that you did b/c you think you can take some cities from him, now I wonder why you did not bribe AIs (in particular, egypt) to DoW each other before you DoW someone.

and you said you gave everything to egpyt. Not sure how much you paid him, but in usual game this should be like 30+ gpt and 3 or more lux, I guess. if you are okay after giving these, you should have expanded more or have not grown cities enough (as you got too much happiness). And if you give all, how can you support your economy and happiness when you get some Chinese cities?

Lastly, if your payment wasn't expensive, then you should have done it earlier.

It is unclear that why you did go through all of these steps.

Why did you DoW China? Assuming that you did b/c you think you can take some cities from him, now I wonder why you did not bribe AIs (in particular, egypt) to DoW each other before you DoW someone.

and you said you gave everything to egpyt. Not sure how much you paid him, but in usual game this should be like 30+ gpt and 3 or more lux, I guess. if you are okay after giving these, you should have expanded more or have not grown cities enough (as you got too much happiness). And if you give all, how can you support your economy and happiness when you get some Chinese cities?

Lastly, if your payment wasn't expensive, then you should have done it earlier.

Sorry for not painting a clear picture. My expansion was right next to china's Bejing border and I already traded away a couple of lux to get cathrine to dow her before I did because she has 7 wonders in bejing and I really wanted it for myself :(

The reason why I got extra lux was due to a bit of luck and me exploring the whole map with my great admiral from the liberty tree. I explored and found almost all of the cs and their quest chains with each other (i.e HK has gold but demands silver, Hanoi has silver but demand silk, CS3 has silk but demands money) Right when HK demand silver I threw down 500g into CS3 and I got chain allies everywhere and thats when I gave the lux away for the dow.

i have not tried it very often, but in my experience, bribing someone to DoW 2 civs at once costs more than doing it in 2 separate deals. maybe some civs offer a special discount ;)

Hmm using liberty for great admiral... never thought of that one before; good one.

Being in a war doesn't get rid of warmonger.... I am curious how you got rid of India's warmonger diplo hit, but plenty of civs get into wars not involving me and my warmonger doesn't go away. It goes away if you're in war against the same civ, or if you select the same ideology.

I bribe people to DoW others all the time, and it's never cleared my warmonger status.... =/

hmm that is strange, I remember from that game I had warmonger status, and then I bribe another group to go to war and it disappear. To me it makes sense, if someone gives me that diplo hit and says "we don't like you because we hate warmonger" and then goes to war I'd be like... *cough* hypocrite and propaganda that poop all over the world.

maybe the diplo debuff ran out right when I declared war. I'll try it again.

Top Bottom