Another game? Focused discussion

I think it's time to schedule this new Game.
This thread is open for over a month and it seems we have some 30 players.
Can someone (Dave Shack) post the questions which need to be voted, tell us if we have a moderator, a map maker and how teams will be formed?

Otherwise we'll stuck here talkin'bout nothing.

The filibuster has existed already, as proven by the last game. And it still will so long as we keep these low numbers. For example, I wouldn't bother participating if 2 was b and 3 was a.

Can anyone enlighten me about filibuster? i thought it was just a joke.

No War? what is a CIV game without war?

I thought one of the options to vote was about random seed.

Can anyone enlighten me about filibuster? i thought it was just a joke.
Explanation of Filibuster (apologies if this was not wanted):
Spoiler :
Filibuster (at least in US) is when most of the people in the Senate (sort of like Parliment) want to make a law, but some of the people in the Senate don't want the law to pass.

In the US Senate anyone is allowed to talk as long as they want before a law can be voted on. :gripe: So the people who dont want the law can keep asking to talk and talk until everyone just gives up, because they realize that the people against the law will never stop asking to talk...:rolleyes: and they just move on to something else. That way the law never gets voted on. :mad:

We call the endless talking a "Filibuster"

In the US Senate, the only way to stop a Filibuster is for 60 Senators (out of 100) to vote to shut the talkers up and force an immediate vote. (Think Star Wars Episode I when all the senators start shouting "Vote Now! Vote Now!" to get rid of Chancellor Valorem)

If at least 41 Senators are unwilling to stop the Filibuster, there is no way to stop it, and thus no way to pass the law.
It basically means one (or a couple of people) holding everyone else up from doing something most people want to do. I don't think we have any official rule or anything though...:confused:

No War? what is a CIV game without war?
Some people feel that having War turned on means that teams will always quit prematurely (when they are losing a war). Some people feel that this is why the last game ended. So they want to consider playing an always peace game.
Spoiler :
To be fair... Some people feel that the last game ended for other reasons, but that is a seperate discussion... which leads to your last question...

I thought one of the options to vote was about random seed.
For the reason in the spoiler above, I don't think this is a "voting" issue IIRC. I'm pretty sure that we are definitely NOT preserving random seed.:)

Top Bottom