Late Game War Tedium Discussion

It almost seems kinda like work :D
A little bit. And sometimes I have to remind myself when I'm in the monotony of moving 50 units that... this is what I wanted lol. It's monotony on one hand, but the level sophistication it takes to counter the moves and not lose any units (at least early game) is the challenge I actually came for.

There are the memory issues with this game that can sometimes show up. Apparently Huge maps increase the likelihood. I play strictly VP but the more mods you add can increase the likelihood you'll start glitching out. For one, I think some terrain features can sometimes disappear, but they still function. This is a very minor issue i don't see much. But yea, sometimes after a few hours playing I can start completely visually glitching out. To the point where I can't even salvage the situation to save it. I have to end the task. But with auto saving I usually don't lost much progress, it's just annoying.

A little bit. And sometimes I have to remind myself when I'm in the monotony of moving 50 units that... this is what I wanted lol. It's monotony on one hand, but the level sophistication it takes to counter the moves and not lose any units (at least early game) is the challenge I actually came for.

There are the memory issues with this game that can sometimes show up. Apparently Huge maps increase the likelihood. I play strictly VP but the more mods you add can increase the likelihood you'll start glitching out. For one, I think some terrain features can sometimes disappear, but they still function. This is a very minor issue i don't see much. But yea, sometimes after a few hours playing I can start completely visually glitching out. To the point where I can't even salvage the situation to save it. I have to end the task. But with auto saving I usually don't lost much progress, it's just annoying.
Memory issues is the major issue of VP for me. Sadly we are limited to 32 bits... But if I need to choose between stability (memory friendly, no "late" game crashes) and performance (light on the CPU, faster turn time) I choose the stability every time !

Memory issues is the major issue of VP for me. Sadly we are limited to 32 bits... But if I need to choose between stability (memory friendly, no "late" game crashes) and performance (light on the CPU, faster turn time) I choose the stability every time !
I generally would too. But it's that level of gaming I'm looking for so I deal with it. Honestly it's not terrible. It's not like it's crashing constantly. And I finished several games through the information age.

I'll probably be switching to large/epic anyways. I'd like to get some more playthroughs done lol.

Lurker here
what if modern era introduced some power creep in the offensive capabilities of units.. truly massive stuff, one point of movement here, one second attack there... with the flipside that war weariness also shoots to the roof, with the hope to push players and AI to seek quick wars.

I am impressed this is something that is more of a slog than always war :)

Top Bottom