Another George W. Bush Mod

There must be anywhere after that line, where a "</text>" is missing or misspelled. Perhaps you forgot a "<" or a "/".

Originally Posted By JustATourist: There must be anywhere after that line, where a "</text>" is missing or misspelled. Perhaps you forgot a "<" or a "/".

That is what I thought but I have not found any such mistake. Usually i can spot such things but whatever is wrong here seems to be very elusive.

NikNaks: Found it! On line 1685, you haven't closed the <TEXT> tag, so you need to insert a </TEXT> there. That should fix it

I found another error just like that one. The mod is working again. I apologize for this recent string of problems. It seems that quick scans of text and code is ineffective at finding text and code mistakes. I will use the slow scan method in the future.

****Here is the full changelog for version (1.3)*****

1.) XML load error is fixed.

2.) The text spacing defect in Bush's autobiography and diplomacy dialogue is fixed.

****End Of Changelog****

Some more background info on Bush "Big Spender" jr.

"The government deficit for the next budget year, starting Octber 2009, is currently being estimated at $ 482,000,000,000, according to the Budget Bureau of the White House, which blamed the slumped econmy and tax cuts. President Bush started in office with a budget surplus."

(Quote from a financial news item published Tuesday, 29 July, 2008)

Note how the war in Iraq isn't mentioned as a factor in the deficit. Not sure how this would translate in Leader traits, though... (Aggressive, ???)

NikNaks: Looking a the pedia in-game, I noticed that the apostrophes appeared as boxes. Can this be fixed, also?

I just now fixed that and a few other minor errors. I'm still learning about things. Like how transfering text from notepad to Microsoft Office Word and then back to notepad can cause some unintended results.

Some more background info on Bush "Big Spender" jr.

"The government deficit for the next budget year, starting Octber 2009, is currently being estimated at $ 482,000,000,000, according to the Budget Bureau of the White House, which blamed the slumped econmy and tax cuts. President Bush started in office with a budget surplus."

(Quote from a financial news item published Tuesday, 29 July, 2008)
Every President since FDR has increased the deficit by leaps and bounds, this is hardly news. :rolleyes:

Every President since FDR has increased the deficit by leaps and bounds, this is hardly news. :rolleyes:

Not to me and not to any US news site, as I couldn't find any reference to it on that date. Anyway, I didn't mention it as news, I mentioned it as background info. Also, deficit spending in itself can boost the economy - but not with this president...;)

Not to me and not to any US news site, as I couldn't find any reference to it on that date. Anyway, I didn't mention it as news, I mentioned it as background info. Also, deficit spending in itself can boost the economy - but not with this president...;)
Funny, I didn't know he was the president of the Netherlands. Good to know Europeans care so much for US domestic politics.

Nice to see you've been reading up on my posts. FYI, the Netherlands are a constitutional monarchy, so we don't get to elect a president. You know, like the UK. Germany, a republic, also doesn't elect its president. Any more European info you need on this Bush thread, just ask.;)

*Bump* The Mod has been updated again.

Changes in version (1.5): A small amount of various text errors in Bush's diplomacy dialogue and in Bush's autobiography are now fixed. :)

*Bump*

"Another George W. Bush Mod" has been updated from version (1.5) to version (1.6). :)

Changes in version (1.6): Some spelling, grammar and technical errors in George W. Bush's diplomacy dialogue and in George W. Bush's autobiography are fixed. The diplomacy dialogue and autobiography should be in very good condition right now. George W. Bush's AI personality has recieved a small alteration that makes the length of his memory of bad things equal to the length of his memory of good things(There are some rare exceptions however.).

*Bump*

"Another George W. Bush Mod" has been updated from version (1.5) to version (1.6). :)

Changes in version (1.6): Some spelling, grammar and technical errors in George W. Bush's diplomacy dialogue and in George W. Bush's autobiography are fixed. The diplomacy dialogue and autobiography should be in very good condition right now. George W. Bush's AI personality has recieved a small alteration that makes the length of his memory of bad things equal to the length of his memory of good things(There are some rare exceptions however.).

Oh the irony ;)

Let me guess I made a spelling and/or grammar error when I posted "Some spelling, grammar and technical errors". I hate the english language.

Alright what did I mess up!? Microsoft Office Word 2007's spell/grammar checker isn't finding any problem in that statement.

There has been a tiny amount of demand for a version of this mod that does not require any expansion packs.

As a result if I have enough free time I'll work on a version of this mod that is compatible with the original version of Civilization 4. This new version of the mod will be released separately as an attachment.

Top Bottom