Another of these Threads (DnD)

When Kylorin switched his devotion from Ceridwen to Nantosuelta, he lost all interest in holding any position of power or even respect. He just wants to live a simple life with the woman he loves. He would even not have accepted leadership of the Amurites if he had not considered it absolutely essential to for vanquishing Mulcarn and making the world a place where his wife would want to live. He would have preferred to leave the job to someone else, but did not think that there was anyone left capable of completing the task. He wet missing again not immediately after slaying Mulcarn, but after bringing the Heart of Sucellus (which had been locked away within Letum Frigus) to the Tomb of Sucellus and allowing the old God of Nature to be resurrected as the God of Life. Kylorin is still alive throughout the Age of Rebirth, but would rather not be noticed. The only sign we can see if him in the game is in the event triggered by the completion of the Ascension ritual, in which he delivers the Godslayer to the player so that someone else can slay the god this time.

(I rather like to believe that Kylorin left the Amurites to live among his old enemy the Illians, after finding Eve/Epona reincarnated as an Illian girl named Harna. He would then take the pseudonym of Joshua Ulvin and run a farm on the outskirts of the village of Brigdarrow. There he would raise a son named Auric, whom he would teach nothing about magic for fear of revealing his true identity. He would be away when the goblins hired by Gosea the Dwindling murdered his wife, and would then make the mistake of leaving the Illians to find her next reincarnation rather than waiting to discover that Auric Ulvin survived and needs his guidance. He would then suffer a great deal of guilt for allowing his own son to succumb to the influence of the sphere of Ice, and could not bring himself to harm Auric Ascended regardless of how much he knows he must be stopped.

This is just a wild theory though. It does not have a lot of support, it just seems cool and cannot be completely ruled out as impossible based on the dearth of information that Kael has revealed.)

i do like that theory though. its makes a lot of sense while being very interesting. i'd love to see all this lore turned into an d&d campaign sourcebook, whether official or unofficial. on my bucket list is to also write a book set in the ffh universe (with Kael's permission of course), though currently working on something else at the moment. some day...

I'm not done with all the details yet, but I have my basic interpretation of the Calabim and how they will work.

I've been over all the pedia, the bestiary and everything that Magister said, many times to come up with this.

I'm making the assertion that Calabim have 2 ways of gaining power from mortals. First by a ritual involving runes, blood and eating of a soul, as per Alexis' pedia. As well as by drinking blood, as per many pedia references, especially Flauros and the Calabim civilization entries.

The way I'm handling it is that the Ritual is dangerous but far more potent, meaning that most Vamps only use it once, for their creation. Only powerful or desperate Vamps use it otherwise.
Blood is safer, as in it poses no risk to the vamp, but it is not nearly as powerful.

Blood/souls power the life span, supernatural physical abilities and the magic of the vampires.

Sunlight removes almost all of the bonuses of being a vampire and is painful (but not actually harmful).

Once I have the details figured out, I will post the actual mechanics.

Check Oghma's Vault thread. I've nearly finished putting all of MC's and Kael's lore posts in easily searchable documents. I like to think that as part of the ritual after painting the runes with blood they need to drink some blood to for the victim's soul to become vulnerable, that way you keep the blood drinking as a necessary part of the process.

I was just reading around the pedia and I have a question for Magister.

In the entry for the Catacomb Liberalis the book stolen from the vault is the Book of Sybil (sp?) and in the Necronomicon entry the book is the Book of Sable. Are they the same book?

If they are, I think I have a D&D campaign idea forming...

I actually didn't recall the Catacomb Liberalis having a pedia entry. It must have been stealthily added in one of Kael's last patches. The first part of the Necronomicon entry was quite familiar, but the bulk of it seemed new too.

When I first read your post I assumed that the Book of Sybil [sic] was the work of a Prophetess and the Book of Sable was simply a black book or a book bound in the fur of the weasel-like creatures whose pelt lent its name to the black color in heraldry.

After reading both entries though, there does appear to be a connection. Since books so rarely leave the Catacombs, it does seem that the "Book of Sable" very likely is the book made from the body of the woman named Sebill.

Sweet!

I cant believe I noticed that.

I think I'm going to make a campaign where the players are facing the Overlords whose cultists have the necronomicon or are questing for it. Then at some strategic point in the campaign I will have them do a "flashback session" or two where they play out basically what is in the Catacomb Liberalis entry and gain some insight into their foe and the nature of the Necronomicon. Maybe one of the ways to win the campaign will be playing off of the character who's body became the book!

Is there any chance that the Catacomb Liberalis entry happened before the Age of Ice, in the Luchuirip (Kradh Ke Zun?) Empire, the one that sent Barnaxus and the army of golems to stop the Illians from summoning Mulcarn, perhaps?

Or is the Catacomb Liberalis completely a product of the Fourth Age?

I don't see anything that would indicate the age in which those entries occurred.

There are other wonders which canonically were built in other ages. The Tower of Eyes was constructed in the Age of Magic. The Tomb of Sucullus was built at the start of Age of Ice, and changed at the end of the age when it became the site of the god's resurrection.

Top Bottom