answers please

The best I was able to come up with was 2200 BC. I cannot for the life of me figure out how you people got units all the way to Madrid and Tenoch in time. I had no trouble taking down Thebes, since they only have one warrior unit for the first several turns, and I got to Kyoto quickly with the Galley from the 2nd bararian village to the east. But my units can't move fast enough to take down the last 2 civilizations by 2800.

I've tried to upgrade my units to March by doing battles but every time the only upgrades I get offered are Blitz and Infiltration. Not sure what else I can do to shave off turns.

You are on the right track in thinking about using the galley to shave off a turn or two of land movement. You probably need to rethink the starting location of your city. ;)

I usually start my city adjacent to the Barbarian village to the SW. Seems to be the best starting spot, since you have 2 trees for production and you can rush a warrior after the Great Person discovers the grasslands to conquer the adjacent Barbarian village and get enough gold to rush a horseback rider by 3800.

Actually, I just realized you can also get a horseback rider by 3800 if you found your capital somewhere else. Interesting...

I'm not understanding very well what you said when founding your capital somewhere else, as I only have played chieftain level and the city is already settled... I know that there is a way, as you my friend R.F. are in the top ten in chieftain also :)

Just yesterday completed the full game of this week, got place 22 at that time :(

this of course only applies at the higher levels (e.g. deity) where you do not start with a city but a settler.

Well, many have managed the Deity 2800. It'll make next weeks puzzle all the more competitive. Anyone try cracking that Cheiften score? Closest I and a couple other got is 2600, just cann't seem to get any closer. I've come close to Grumbles 2700. Azzie's keep denying me, but Spain can be taken by 2800. Getting there by 2900 is kinda hard. Mixed my strat like a scrambled egg trying to spawn a settler at Kyoto's barb, still a no go. Use a hut to get tech, no spawn, use your scientist, one turn too late.
There's still time.

I completely sux at GOTW :(

I have to write down all the possible variables, I want to get better for this month's competition...

Offtopic: Here in Mexico is difficult to find anyone that plays this game, I've searching people to share thoughts but nobody has playing the game... Sad :(

Top Bottom