[RD] Any advice for dealing with burn out?

Tommy Vercetti

The Don
I have a lot of burn out from my long time loved hobby of modding games and creating content. Maybe some of it is my mental health trouble but yeah I have

One Civ 3 scenario I am working on

A Darkest Hour: A Hearts Of Iron game mod I am leading

A wrestling game mod I am making

Several other projects I am making random contributions too

Flight scenarios on another site

Videos for YouTube

A few other things I am doing as well

Any thoughts?

Step out for a little , play something different, than (and only than), when and if feeling like it - return ;) Give Yourself a space to breathe. Do not pressure ;) That's all.

That’s what I do—take a break, do something else, and wait for the mood to come back. If you’re heart isn’t in it when you’re doing it, the quality of the work suffers, and you’ll be more satisfied in the long run doing it when you feel like it.

And it\s the Life in the essence ! You Do What You want to do - that is ! No one will tell You what to do ..... You are free, please remember us as we are too ........

We March !

Was there any time in the past when you also felt "burned out"?

If this what you're burnt out on, you're extremely lucky.

My advice is to pare down some things. If you don't feel like doing it don't do it. People might get disappointed but if they can't get over it then it's their problem not yours. Everyone bites off a bit more than they can chew from time to time.

Limit your time for sitting in front of a monitor or a laptop until you are feeling better, especially if you have to work on a pc in your profession, too. Do something for moving your body (may be sports or moving with a dog) and: Set a clear priority for your modding projects.

YIL that a second is 1/60 of an hour.
Remember thou that the time You have enjoyed wasting is not a wasted time. Your flee bag will concur <hug>

Yup limit your time on the PC.
Fresh air & going outside are very important, but sometimes we only realise how important when we didn't go enuf.
Reading, cooking, light workout etc are all healthier hobbies than sitting on a PC as well.

Top Bottom