Any arch enemies yet ?

GoodSarmatian

Jokerfied Western Male
Has anyone already come to hate certain AI leaders ?
For me it's Catherine de Medici, Golgamesh, and toa lesser extent teddy. Yeah, it's just a few games so far, but so far
-Roosevelt almost took my capital with a warrior rush in an otherwise very good Japan start (lots of mountain near my capital, nearby 2-tile natural wonder, and I found the Holy Grail in a village).
-Catherine just seems very opportunistic and attacks me when I'm already in a war. Lead a massive Horseman invasion that was ultimately defeated, but not before pillaging damn near every tile in the two cities close to her.
-Gilgamesh loves surprise wars. What's worse, it seems he can get drag anybody along with him.
I only encountered in two games, and both times got attacked by him and on of his buddies. In my second game that buddy was Gandhi, and those elephants are pretty hard to deal with. Normally Gandhi doesn't attack without a casus belli, but it looks like a joint war with Gilgamesh is always viewed as legitimate. I managed to barely fend off Gandhi while slowly whittling away the Sumerian army until I had the troops to take Uruk (which had the Oracle) and La Venta, which was conquered previously by Sumeria.

Gilgamesh. Isn't he supposed to be a loyal friend? He has surprise DoWed me so many times despite being in a declaration of friendship. Ugh.

France.
She hated me with a passion in all of my games so far and bribed numerous other CIVs to go to war against me.

*throws the baguette and cheese her delegation gave me out of the window*

Gilgamesh. The guy murders every city state and neighbouring civ in the ancient era! That is my job!

India. Their elephants are downright evil, and the apostle (not missionary) spam is beyond belief.

Also, he bribed me to join him in a joint war, then denounced me for it.

Gilgamesh. Probably because of the way the devs built him up as this super nice guy who you want to be friends with when in reality he is a surprise war loving jerk who always drags along some other AI with him. I haven't had trouble repelling him but I've had to fight 3 two front wars and he's conquered half of France and Sparta!

Also Catherine is similarly sneaky in declaring surprise wars but she's been decimated by myself and Gilgamesh so she's less annoying.

Surprisingly Gorgo is the only person on my island not to declare war on me despite being closest and being unhappy with me since the very beginning

Surprisingly Gorgo is the only person on my island not to declare war on me despite being closest and being unhappy with me since the very beginning
Ah. I had her nearby in a Kongo game on a fractal map. I was stuck on a small island, and I was going to settle across the water, but scouted it first. It was full of Spartans and Aztecs so I started looking elsewhere. Eventually decided it was better to turtle on my island and see how a tall strategy worked out (it... functioned, but was blatantly weaker). But Gorgo went absolutely nuts on the Aztecs. At least three wars over the course of the game, and they were reduced to a minor power spamming new cities away from their ex-capital.

Victoria refuses to be (at minimum) neutral with me in any game. It's highly frustrating.

China and Kongo.
First game. Around turn 60 I had 3 awesome cities and almost finished another settler. China had its capital only and had built a ton of warriors. He DOW'd me and deployed 18 (!) (I counted) warriors near my capital. I managed to kill half of them with two legions and two archers, then all the sudden Kongo DOW'd me and took my defenceless third city with 3 horsemen a warrior and an archer. Meanwhile China got suzerain of a city state right next to my capital, so all of his 10 units attacked me in the rear and I was defeated.

Last edited:
Ghandi of course. he is more evil then civ 5 and civ 1 combined.

This guys gets angry at you for every war you declare even if you declare war to liberate a city state.

Pedro 2 atacked my city state at the medievel era and conquered it so i declared war on him to liberate it. I didn't have the diplomatic service civic and even if i had it there wasn't a causic belli usefull because the war against city state allready happened.

So after i declared ghandi starts ranting if you are so violent you should stop youre leadership. I liberated the city state and he still didn't like me. He dissaproved with my agenda.

Olso the fact that he has nuke happy makes me just not trust this guy. In my first game i nuked congo because they kept stealing my spy of course people get mad because of this i suspected that but suddenly ghandi comes to me its fun to use nukes right?

So he gets angry if atack to liberate a city state but nuking someone to death is ok.

Last edited:
Victoria is insufferable. Her attitude is so mercurial--she can go from declaring two surprise wars to begging you for a declaration of friendship to declaring another surprise war in an astonishingly short amount of time.

I suspected I wouldn't get along with Catherine de Medici. My last game she declared no fewer than three surprise wars and one formal war on me in the ancient and classical eras, but in a surprising turn of events we turned out to be close allies from the medieval era onward.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I was surprised to find Montezuma is really easy to get along with as long as you make a point to trade him your bonus copies of luxury resources.

I suspect the diplomatic AI needs some fine tuning. On a number of occasions I've been asked to remove troops from someone's border when I had no troops at all outside my cities. Something really needs to be done about the AI getting angry about conversions from religious combat. And Gandhi is a total warmonger--in my first game, he declared more wars than any other player--in a game that included Tomyris, Victoria, Montezuma, Peter, Trajan, and Harald Hardrada no less.

Victoria is insufferable. Her attitude is so mercurial--she can go from declaring two surprise wars to begging you for a declaration of friendship to declaring another surprise war in an astonishingly short amount of time.

I suspected I wouldn't get along with Catherine de Medici. My last game she declared no fewer than three surprise wars and one formal war on me in the ancient and classical eras, but in a surprising turn of events we turned out to be close allies from the medieval era onward.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I was surprised to find Montezuma is really easy to get along with as long as you make a point to trade him your bonus copies of luxury resources.

I suspect the diplomatic AI needs some fine tuning. On a number of occasions I've been asked to remove troops from someone's border when I had no troops at all outside my cities. Something really needs to be done about the AI getting angry about conversions from religious combat. And Gandhi is a total warmonger--in my first game, he declared more wars than any other player--in a game that included Tomyris, Victoria, Montezuma, Peter, Trajan, and Harald Hardrada no less.

Jep ghandi gives me a thumbs up if you slaughter millions of people with a nuke. He is the most evil person in civ 6.. I guess people never saw him in the late game fallout ghandi.

Actually think diplomacy is fine only warmonger penalty is a problem.

Top Bottom