Any body still in civ III?

I still play Civ3, and don't play any of the other Civilization games. I'll maybe play Civ3 Play the World someday, but Civ3 Conquests is the ONLY computer game I've been playing for the past few months, and apart from Master of Orion 2, the only game I've been playing the past 2-3yrs!!

I always play play by email, but it seems difficult finding players who would be interested in playing a "fast-paced" (several turns per day) 2-player pbem game on a non-elite level (Monarch or Emperor: my current preference is Emperor).

and folks :) is this game runs on win XP? i love this game for many years, more than 5 but for time i must end with this and now i want play it again ;)

what is the differences in HOTSEAT, how it works? i don´t know anything about it and still can´t find some decsription about it :(

Hotseat is just like play-by-email, except it's played on 1 computer only. Either you or a group of players play the Hotseat game on one computer. So it's basically like a normal game and gives you the option of playing more than 1 civ. Great fun!! Alternatively, you could also turn a Hotseat game into a pbem game by simply sending the person the saved turn (but this would allow them to continue onto the next turn to see what's going on, and it wouldn't be passworded).

I like playing 2 civs (sometimes 3) at times, especially when I can't find any players to play play-by-email games, and it's good for playtesting maps I make.

The red circled stuff is "chat boxes" for when people are playing multiplayer online games and want to send a message to that player. The blue circled stuff is a "timer" which I've never used in a hotseat or pbem game, but in online games (especially simultaneous mode) there is usually a timer to limit the time to each player's turn before it switches to the next turn.

Is that game played in a hotseat or pbem game? I'm guessing *maybe* (I don't know) that a pbem or hotseat game might be able to be played online if the game is loaded up and switched to that playstyle, and thus both those things mentioned could be activated.

oh thanks for answer. :) you really help me

so i play it with my friends in pbem mod, but unfortunately it isn´t comfort :( so is it posible play civ3 conquest online but with password for each player?

and do you want joint to us? we´ve got own scenario for cold war deluxe ;)

There's no need to have passwords online, since each player is playing the same civ continuously and isn't able to switch to another civ.

I'll pass on playing mods, too many complicated downloads, plus I don't feel I'm that good a player (normally I play at Monarch or Emperor level). I also hate big multiplayer games because 2 player ones take long enough, and online ones are too short.

I am playing this for seven years (with occasional breaks). I have no doubt to double this!

Here are my guesses:
1a) The scenario *might* not let you build nukes, because nukes weren't used "in the Cold War" (in real life)
2b) The scenario might not let you build nukes until a certain time period, or you might be using a civ that isn't allowed to build them or doesn't have the required technology/s.
2) The Manhattan Project to enable nukes wasn't built yet, or the scenario *might* require that you build it even if someone else already did (in normal Civ3, it only requires 1 person to build it).
3) You didn't have all the necessary resources required to build nukes. I've sometimes realised when I've built the Manhattan Project that I hadn't researched the technology for uranium to appear on the map!!

thank you for your endeavour to explain me smth new about funkcion of this game, but i have know all of this facts. so it´s doesn´t matter ;)

and now some interesting fact, in my scenario i have set build tactical nuke to frequency 10 turns, but in game it automaticaly buil bombs every 18 turns (this set up was made in authentic/original scenario). so i suppose that there are some kind of hide set up in game. is it correct?

and is there anybody who want to play this scenario? ;)

I play it still, better than Civ4, thats my opinion tho

I still play Civ3, I also play IV. The games are different enough that I'm always switching from one to the other. Both are good.

I agree! I can't stand Civ I, II or IV! But I love Civ III! (I used to play it 12-25hrs a day!) I haven't played Civ III in maybe 4 months now but just got the urge to play it again for a few months.

PS Check out my cool Civ3 maps ;) I should make a new one soon, I like the idea of a map where a computer civ gets control of uranium (and nukes) before the other player can reach them *hehe*

We still have about 150 Civ3 Conquests players on Civplayers Civ3 league.

http://civ3.civplayers.com/

Feel free to come and have some fun playing MP.

CS

Top Bottom