Any chance of merging this health mod into the CEP?

Hi guys,

I've just gotten started playing a game with this mod:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=499037

& I must say that it is incredibly fun (Health is one of the aspects of Civ4 I miss the most). Now I realise that plagues aren't everyone's cup of tea but, if they were replaced with some other, more acceptable penalty for poor health, then I think this could make a fantastic addition to the official CEP. Better still, with some tweaking, it might even be possible to bring back the idea of food trade & food diversity back into the game.

Anyway, just spitballing, I'd like to know what Thal & others think of this suggestion!

Aussie.

We typically avoid adding entirely new game mechanics to the Communitas mods. However stackpointer and some of the programming team often provide help in finding ways to make other mods compatible. He may reply with a solution at some point.

Actually no I haven't yet, as I didn't want to risk messing up my first test run of CEP. I'll look into sending you the relevent info tonight, Stackpointer. Thank you :).

Aussie.

Have you tried running both mods together? Could you provide any lua and database log files?

Hey, Stackpointer, where do I find those files that you're wanting to see?

Thanks in advance :).

Aussie.

hey aussie there is a food trade mod out there if thats what your looking for

I do know that one, but it isn't the one I am thinking off-though if that mod were merged with the Health & Plague mod....& then with this mod....that would be *perfect* ;-).

Aussie.

Have you tried running both mods together? Could you provide any lua and database log files?

I tried running the mods together, & it crashed during the opening screen. I'm posting you the lua log....hope that helps :).

Aussie.

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    9.7 KB · Views: 66
Lots of errors relating to yields in YieldLibrary. Probably need to add the custom yield 'Health' to get that to work. Also our 'Yield_Happiness_City' is bugging it out.

I downloaded the mod to see what FramedArchitect has added.

Hmm...

Is it possible to merge them? Yes.
Is it a lot of work? Yes.

He has edited a lot of the same core files as us like CityView, TopPanel etc.

I wouldn't hold your breath over this one. We have a lot of issues to sort with our own work first.
Having this as an option though would, I think, be an interesting idea. Not to everyone's liking I would imagine.

Lots of errors relating to yields in YieldLibrary. Probably need to add the custom yield 'Health' to get that to work. Also our 'Yield_Happiness_City' is bugging it out.

I downloaded the mod to see what FramedArchitect has added.

Hmm...

Is it possible to merge them? Yes.
Is it a lot of work? Yes.

He has edited a lot of the same core files as us like CityView, TopPanel etc.

I wouldn't hold your breath over this one. We have a lot of issues to sort with our own work first.
Having this as an option though would, I think, be an interesting idea. Not to everyone's liking I would imagine.

LOL. No problem. Thanks for at least taking a look at it ;-). I won't hold my breath, but I will cling to a small modicum of hope ;-).

Aussie.

Health and pollution really is something I hope will be in Civ6 again. While Civ5 is my favourite game ever, I never liked the overly positive approach (bright colors, no slavery, no corruption, no pollution, no real way to play "bad").

Top Bottom