Any compatible game speed/pace mods for VP?

rp03ev

Chieftain
Are there any mods that keeps production for buildings/units the same but increases the amount of science needed to research technologies? I feel like all the units become obsolete in like 20-30 turns and have to keep upgrading...I like having the same units for long time so feels like each era the wars last long time with same units. Are there any mods like that for VP?

Feels like once you hit industrial research cost for each tech decreases significantly...I'm looking for opposite where it takes a LOT longer to research each tech.

Slower Science Longer Eras https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=320492804
^ Tried using this one but after classical era I just blow by every tech super fast where units become obsolete in ~20 turns and need to keep upgrading even before a wars are finished.

Looking for a mod where it takes super long (marathon) to research each tech but building units/buildings remains same as standard/epic speed.

I would actually be interested in this too. All the old mods that used to change this don't seem to play well with VP.

What could be handy is adding an SQL value which you can use to modify all costs for a specific yield...

That'll certainly affect happiness balancing.

I think the problem with the research slowing mods is that they load before VP. You can either add a dependency or try adding below line to (2) Community Balance Overhaul/CommunityOptions.sql:

UPDATE GameSpeeds SET ResearchPercent = '300' WHERE Type = 'GAMESPEED_STANDARD';

I think the options file is loaded last, so it should overwrite any values changed by VP.

(or use the Change VP Options mod I suggested somewhere else so you do not have to add the code line every time you update VP)

I think the problem with the research slowing mods is that they load before VP. You can either add a dependency or try adding below line to (2) Community Balance Overhaul/CommunityOptions.sql:

UPDATE GameSpeeds SET ResearchPercent = '300' WHERE Type = 'GAMESPEED_STANDARD';

I think the options file is loaded last, so it should overwrite any values changed by VP.

(or use the Change VP Options mod I suggested somewhere else so you do not have to add the code line every time you update VP)
where exactly do I add UPDATE GameSpeeds SET ResearchPercent = '300' WHERE Type = 'GAMESPEED_STANDARD'; in CommunityOptions.sql? All the way at the very bottom?

where exactly do I add UPDATE GameSpeeds SET ResearchPercent = '300' WHERE Type = 'GAMESPEED_STANDARD'; in CommunityOptions.sql? All the way at the very bottom?
You can add it anywhere you like.

Or you can edit the values in the original file, but I don't know which one. You will probably have to fiddle with the value of 300, I think it is too big and you will run out of buildings to build. But for a start it is a good number, because you will immediately see the huge tech costs and know it is working. And I think it is savegame compatible, you do not need to start a new game every time you change the number.

You can add it anywhere you like.

Or you can edit the values in the original file, but I don't know which one. You will probably have to fiddle with the value of 300, I think it is too big and you will run out of buildings to build. But for a start it is a good number, because you will immediately see the huge tech costs and know it is working. And I think it is savegame compatible, you do not need to start a new game every time you change the number.
I added UPDATE GameSpeeds SET ResearchPercent = '300' WHERE Type = 'GAMESPEED_EPIC'; all the way at the very bottom in CommunityOptions.sql and started a new game in Epic speed but the research percent is still at its default values. Do I need to edit other files too if I want Marathon research speed with everything else epic speed?

Or how do I create dependencies with VP for these two mods since they are two that I want:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=310999539 (already edited the numbers for this mod)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=313351402

Im not really good at modding, but where(which file) and how do I create dependencies with VP for these 2 mods?

Last edited:
Sorry, the VP file handling this probably loads after the options file and overwrites your settings. You could change the value directly in the VP file, but I don't know which file it is. (I am on my cell now).

Please install the Change VP Options mod from the repository, delete the contents of its only 1 sql file (or keep the lines you like) and add my sql to the end. This mod correctly loads after VP. This will work for sure.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/change-vp-options.620079/

Ya it worked when I added your line to code_1.sql in that Change VP options mod. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom