[R&F] Any indication the AI will better use airforce in expansion?

there are mods that withdraw the requirement of an aerodrome to build fighters,and they claim it helps the AI building some defending airforce

That's weird because I see the AI build plenty of aerodromes.

After the summer patch I found aerodromes and aircraft were built much more often by AI civs. They were using them a lot to, in fact i lost one game after being bombed a lot by persia and egypt. However after the fall patch this seemed to happen less but also I think its a late game mechanic and i dont often get to the late game as the game is already won or lost. Really hoping that R&F improves the late game!

Yeah, I also see the AI build plenty of Aerodromes - in fact that was never the problem. It was the building and subsequent using of aircraft that was the problem.

None of the Firaxis play throughs have touched upon the late game and so there's not been any real look at the AI in the late game. I guess we'll find out next week when it releases but I don't hold much hope for this part in all honesty.

Yeah any city should be able to build airplanes. It's not like the Wright brothers built an aerodrome before their test flight in Kitty Hawk. :) This would fix so many issues. Have the aerodrome increase experience of planes built in that city by 50%. Though you'd still have to make it cheap to make it worth building. And I think airports should have a secondary boost as well (besides the airlift capability). Something regarding the economy or tourism.

Top Bottom