Any News Of Apolyton?

Indeed it is now back up. Sparky is right that some issues remain though because the edit post feature doesn't seem to be working and the same thing goes for replying with quotes.

We were hacked indeed, and all content was gone.
I immediately did a recover from our latest backup, but that caused the error-site that was up for a couple of days. I contacted Rackspace, our hosting provider, who moved Apolyton to a new host within their network and fixed the problem. Now today the recovery succeeded after all.

We lost about 3 days of data, so that sucks but is not the end of the world.
Next time I'll try to remember to post updates here when there's another downtime for Apolyton.

Congratulations, well done! :)

^This.

Even if one hates ACS without let or hindrance, and even if this was done randomly and there is no danger to other forums in the Civ family, the loss of 'poly's content would be a DISASTER for everyone.

-Incidentally, someone took a screenshot, and I'd img link despite the ascii gesture portrayed, but there's a NSFW term on the page, too. Just go look.
I can't live without hating Apolyton. Besides, I want to have those scummers where I can see them. They don't have to come over here to do their civving when their site is up.
I am curious, why would someone hack Apolyton?
For the lulz and the evulz.

This is pretty lame. These hackers clearly never learned the lesson of not kicking someone when they're down.

(Lorizael on Apolyton. I wonder why I didn't just register as Lorizael. Hm.)

I quite like the ASCII kitten, but I still prefer hating Apolyton.

I can't live without hating Apolyton. Besides, I want to have those scummers where I can see them. They don't have to come over here to do their civving when their site is up.
:rolleyes: Play nice.

(Lorizael on Apolyton. I wonder why I didn't just register as Lorizael. Hm.)

Probably because that name was registered in 2000, by someone with a warhammer 40,000 inspired email address (if that was you and you know what the email might be, then let me know and I can sort the accounts).

Looks like Apolyton is still sort of hacked for the second time - the main page has been replaced by someone calling themselves the Muslim Cyber Army Team. Forums seem to be up, though. Might be the same people by a different name? Either way, seems like there's a leaky faucet, whether it's a password or a flaw in the software. Hopefully this gets sorted out more permanently.

ASCII kittens could be a nice addition to the Civ community, as long as most of them aren't introduced by hacking.

No, the second time it was fixed. This is the third time...

I propose a renaming to Dapolyton so that these alphabetical hackers get off Ap's back. We here at Civ can take it! :)

Top Bottom