Any plans for a SMAC2?

mismatch

Chieftain
Imo, smac is the best strategy game to date, and the voice acting alone is reason enuff to play it.
For years Ive been longing for a remake, does anyone know if there are plans afoot?

The only thing that has bothered me is something I read (in the civ4 manual I think it was) were the dev wrote that the unit customization in SMAC put people off. That has to be a load of lies since pre-made units were avaiable in smac, and the customization was optional.
A SMAC remake wouldnt even have to have much changes (if any) made from the original since the game is bloody brilliant.

nevertheless, if there are no plans afoot, is there a petition around to sign or summit (there usually is one)?

All I know is a while back, Firaxis took a vote for what old classic would we players like to see brought back and I believe SMAC was ahead of the original Civilization the last time I checked.

What I would like to see is a SMAC mod built with the CIV IV game. It'd be easy since you already have the Civ's names and you could easily incorporate their traits, some of the sounds, movies, and could just insert the units into the game. Then add the 2 alien races from the expansion and have them as barbarians. The two games parallel each other so much including the winning condition of building a spaceship and flying to Alpha Centauri. I'm suprised no one has done this already. I wish I could MOD because that is what I would be working on.

This thread seems to ressurect itself from the ashes like scanned phoenix quite often. We all hope it comes but doubt it. Search the archives for some lengthy discussion on it.

Top Bottom