=/ Anyone else dislike Persia?

metamike

Warlord
This is the first time I quit a game because it got too easy...

I was Persia, so I decided to go for Conquering, and quit at the end of the Middle Ages.

Basically, I ended up having 3-4 armies on a Standard size Pangeae map all of which had 3 elite Immortals, who could plow through anything, even musketmen!

After conquering 2 civs, and looking at all the economic works I'd have to do which would literally take me 4-5 days to complete, and I was 3-4 techs ahead of all the other civs. Therefore, I could easily conquer the whole world in 3-4 days of playing and annihilating guns with swords...sigh... I decided to quit the game.

Why?

Because it was too boring.

And this was on Monarch, which I usually have trouble beating.

I'm going to try a Sid game with Persia and Conquest, and see if the same thing happens and I'll get bored :).

I think you'll be quite surprised with Sid Level, good luck! Monarch can get hard at times, you just had the luck and a bit of skill to make it this easy.

I tried Sid. Once.

Then I had to return to monarch to rebuild my shattered confidence! :lol:

Dont worry about building up what you capture.. just raise everything and go for a rapid win!

I've only encountered Persia once, and that as an AI opponent. But I have to agree that Persia seems to have a built-in arrogance, especially with the immortals, that I found a bit annoying based on that very small sample.

i was playing an experiment sid map on pangea as the byzantines and well... what can i say.

I've only encountered Persia once, and that as an AI opponent. But I have to agree that Persia seems to have a built-in arrogance, especially with the immortals, that I found a bit annoying based on that very small sample.

Totally agree! They're always demanding something from me, even when I'm militarily stronger. If I refuse, it's like 80% chance of war. I remember a time when I had just taken lots of his cities, then sold them peace very high, without ROP. The next turn they sent some soldiers to my territory, I asked to remove them, and declared war again! :mad:

No wonder why persia never lasts till the end of the game if they're in the same continent as me :crazyeye:

Totally agree! They're always demanding something from me, even when I'm militarily stronger. If I refuse, it's like 80% chance of war. I remember a time when I had just taken lots of his cities, then sold them peace very high, without ROP. The next turn they sent some soldiers to my territory, I asked to remove them, and declared war again! :mad:

No wonder why persia never lasts till the end of the game if they're in the same continent as me :crazyeye:

Irritates me to no end when I am much more powerful than them and they still
declare war :mad: ... it usually ends very badly for them :mischief: . But then
again almost every game this happens to me by a couple of very weak civs.

Sounds to me like a good problem to have, after all, this game is about ruling the world...

Woooooow...

I just tried it on Sid.

I take back all my comments.

It's almost completly impossible, unless you get a nice portion of the continent while expanding smartly, evenly divide your workers and spearsmen, and THEN after half the Ancient Age techs are researched start massing swordsmen.

That was the one time I came close to winning.

That time I whiped out the Egyptians (for no particular reason, I just hate them), but while doing so my gpt was slowly going down because of unit upkeep in Despo and the limited amount of land/towns, therefore meaning I had less gold to trade for techs while fighting.

That means when I finished the fighting, before I could even settle half of their destroyed towns, I could only afford to go all the way up to the Middle Ages, at which point I realized the other 2 civs watching were hiding settlers at the Egyptian borders and completly settled the whole thing as soon as I destroyed all of the Egyptian towns.

Therefore, at the end of the war, I only gained around 2/5 the size of my original land, my gpt plummeted, and I was in the beginning of the Middle Age while everyone else had Longbows and could annihilate me if I even so much as looked at them the wrong way.

Next game I'll have to controll my fighting more :).

Other than that...wow...just...wow.

It's like the more +%production the AI have, the smarter they seem!

Irritates me to no end when I am much more powerful than them and they still
declare war :mad: ... it usually ends very badly for them :mischief: . But then
again almost every game this happens to me by a couple of very weak civs.

I agree with all of you there... But have you had Persia as an AI on a different continent? They can unleash some cool Naval battles.

Woooooow...

I just tried it on Sid.

I take back all my comments.

It's almost completly impossible, unless you get a nice portion of the continent while expanding smartly, evenly divide your workers and spearsmen, and THEN after half the Ancient Age techs are researched start massing swordsmen.

That was the one time I came close to winning.

That time I whiped out the Egyptians (for no particular reason, I just hate them), but while doing so my gpt was slowly going down because of unit upkeep in Despo and the limited amount of land/towns, therefore meaning I had less gold to trade for techs while fighting.

That means when I finished the fighting, before I could even settle half of their destroyed towns, I could only afford to go all the way up to the Middle Ages, at which point I realized the other 2 civs watching were hiding settlers at the Egyptian borders and completly settled the whole thing as soon as I destroyed all of the Egyptian towns.

Therefore, at the end of the war, I only gained around 2/5 the size of my original land, my gpt plummeted, and I was in the beginning of the Middle Age while everyone else had Longbows and could annihilate me if I even so much as looked at them the wrong way.

Next game I'll have to controll my fighting more :).

Other than that...wow...just...wow.

It's like the more +%production the AI have, the smarter they seem!

It only seems that way, all it is, is a bunch of civs building units like mad. They're still as dumb as they were, except I wouldn't rely on any tricks that were previously possible in lower levels. Like when your on your own continent you think you are invincible because the AI sucks at naval invasions, they still do, but they build so much ships and troops that you can't think that anymore.

the ai just expand in any random places they want. usually they are not smart.
let me rephrase that. They are NEVER smart

Wow, just shows you that if you give a dumb person a rock (a.k.a. chieftain AI) he will try to hit a stick with the rock.

If you give a dumb person a bomb (a.k.a. sid AI) he will try to hit a stick with the bomb and accidentally launch the bomb and end up killing your empire.

...Damn Sid giving the stupid AI bombs!

Actually, AI expansion is based on resources and land quality. Wondered why they insist on settling a patch of tundra on the far edge of your empire? Most probably there's oil there and they know it. etc.

Is this true?:eek: i thought the AI didnt use resources they cant see in thier strategy. I mean if you research iron as fast as you can you often grab the iron faster than the computer. And to me it seems thats becouse the computer dont see it.:confused: this is actually kinda important...

Top Bottom