Anyone else having problems playing games?

Falcan

Chieftain
Lets see, out of the last three 6 player games...

1) Worked fine for an hour, then half the players got disconnected.
2) As soon as the game started, no one could do anything.
3) Same as 2.

Is Civ5 going to have the same problems as CivRev?

And Civ 4 you mean? Seeing as it's apparently still peer2peer I guess so. Have to say I'm so disappointed private servers weren't an option. In any event though there should be some improvement as patches come and fix up bugs here and there.

Myself and someone else on the steam forums have run into a bug where the "end turn" button gets stuck on something else like "choose production" or "city-state message." There doesn't appear to be any way to clear it and end your turn.

Also, trying to quit and rejoin the game in progress doesn't work at all. You'll rejoin to the lobby while the rest of the players are still in game. You can chat with everyone (but the host apparently), but they can't move their units anymore.

Myself and someone else on the steam forums have run into a bug where the "end turn" button gets stuck on something else like "choose production" or "city-state message." There doesn't appear to be any way to clear it and end your turn.

Also, trying to quit and rejoin the game in progress doesn't work at all. You'll rejoin to the lobby while the rest of the players are still in game. You can chat with everyone (but the host apparently), but they can't move their units anymore.

That happened to me last night! Two hours into a game I was forced to quit. I thought you were supposed to be able to rejoin games you got disconnected from? How did you even get back into the lobby? I could not find a way back, all I could see were new games.

I can confirm this in SP game as well.

I noticed that this happens when a ranged unit such as archer was the last unit you played/moved and you performed a ranged attack.

Solution: Click the Arrow button on the Unit Tab to select next unit and clear the action of the ranged unit. This will clear the "actions queue" that prevent End Turn button from appearing. Very annoying.

I hope that is the case in your game.

Lets see, out of the last three 6 player games...

1) Worked fine for an hour, then half the players got disconnected.

We've been palying a MP LAN game at home. Around turn 150, we each starting receiving notifications that the other player has disconnected and tha AI has taken over. One person would drop, rejoin, and all was good for a few more turns. Now, by turn 235, it's simply unplayable at this point. Clicking on a "production" notice, "research" notice, or even choosing a map overlay option causing the games to drop each other. Rejoin or restart the game at the same year, and now you''ll see missing new cities and other movements that happened several turns ago are gone. I suspect it's a synchronization error, just like Civ 4, and Civ 3 had. The farther you advance in the game, more activity is taking place, and I think the game just chokes. We have always played since Civ 1, and play MP Civ (since 3) almost exclusively so we both can enjoy the game together, but it's simply unusable now. It's really looking like this game was rushed to meet a dead line because any testing would have revealed the myriad MP issues people are discussing and they were simply ignored to get it out the door.

Top Bottom