Anyone else name their own landmarks?

Cunobelin Of Hippo

Site Pachyderm
I think it's a cool feature (and had better be in Civ3). I usually give major rivers that run through my empire a title, and if there is a particular area that I 'conquered in glory' then I name it as well. For example, the "Sea of Nerd Blood" after a vicious wipeout of some University sea bases.

Yeah i do that sometimes like one thing was Dunes of the Knife b/c that was what santigo came over when she backstab me

------------------
Somewhere between war and diplomacy is the realm of the spy

Yep, sometimes in character, Sometimes in Jest. I have more fun renaming captured bases with insult to their former master.

Since I do nothing but plant forest, I normally name large areas to the like. I also like to rename bases so that they insult other players. It is funny to give the base back to the faction after you conquer them.

Originally posted by Cunobelin Of Hippo:
I think it's a cool feature (and had better be in Civ3).

Yep, agreed.
I name landmarks a lot just to remember things like "send a couple of heavy missile destroyers /w lurkers into >The Strait Of Hive<".

------------------
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><FONT size="2"><FONT COLOR="green">"Duckland must put an end to war before war puts an end to Duckland"</FONT c>
-- J.Quack Kennedy
</FONT s></FONT f>

[This message has been edited by Scrooge (edited August 19, 2001).]

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola:
Yep, sometimes in character, Sometimes in Jest. I have more fun renaming captured bases with insult to their former master.

Right. 'Yang Mine' = 'Voting Station'/'Democracys Cradle'. 'Loaves and Fishes' = 'Hells Barbeque'

or
Yang's Shamdful Defeat
Morgan beat Yang
Morgan got Yang
Ynaf begs for Mercy

Yeah, me and Yang where stuck on an Island together one time and I thought I'd just live peaceful with him for the time (stupid). After he tried a surprise attack that caught me offguard I retaliated and took the whole Island. Then I named it "MY ISLAND", and did a victory dance.
And I'd like to see that fiture in CIVIII also. Its little things like that that can make the game all the more enjoy able.

[This message has been edited by TeddyBlue (edited August 22, 2001).]

I usually name notorious natural places, like The Fungus Forest(the biggest Xenofungus land on map), or the Chaos Rift(the deepest rift at sea), or The Mountains of Dwarves(a place with rock tiles and Mineral resources) when playing Gaians.

Valley of the Three Kings(the ones who conducted the 3rd. crusade), New Sinai Mountain(instead of Mount Planet), Golgotha Hills, or the Lake Filled with Heretic Blood when playing Believers.

With other factions I usually don't get inspired.

Top Bottom