1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else not wanting to play Civ VI until R&F is released?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Leathaface, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

Too bad, but you shouldn’t give up on mods; I play with over 35 mods at a time and in Civ VI I very, very rarely have games crash. I just finished my last game with over 300 turns and no glitches. I can’t play with JFD´s Rule with Faith right now because it’s updated and I’m a Mac user, but I suggest you should try it. It really adds to the game. I also rarely play without Community CQUI and maybe you’d like the improved UI.

2. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

I'm too eager for the new mechanics and civs to feel much incentive to play. Instead, I'm trying to fill my free time with my writing. Hoping I can get a lot done before I binge on R&F from Thursday release to the following Sunday.

3. TomKQT

TomKQT Prince

I am still playing Civ6 because I just bought Australia in a sale. And I am probably not going to buy RF for the full prince ayway.

4. Lee Duane Fitzsimmons

Lee Duane Fitzsimmons Full-time Cat Lover

I JUST BOUGHT THE RISE AND FALL EXPANSION....
    :dance: :clap::dance:

[party][party][party][party][party]

ITS PARTY TIME....:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas.... :xmascheers:

I'm a gonna keep on playing the vanilla version until Santa Civ gets here on February 8...

So if there's now a vanilla version, where are the chocolate and strawberry versions?

Wait, am I playing Civ or eating ice cream...

Damn, now I'm hungry for ice cream. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

5. Depravo

Depravo Siring Bastards

I'm filling the hole in my life with Europa Universalis, which I had neglected for years due to the next expansion being forever just around the corner.

6. jddods

jddods Prince

Actually started playing again since the anoucement. trying for a few achievements which will be harder under R&F

CPWimmer likes this.
  7. Jackanape

Jackanape Warlord

I'm holding off. Knowing--hoping--that an assortment of bugs will likely be fixed up with the expansion, I'd rather wait, and build up my anticipation, than try to play around them. Can't wait though!

8. comatosedragon

comatosedragon Emperor

I just wonder how many achievements will be outright impossible after the expansion, similar to several in Civ V including not being able to get the Ottoman trophy for capturing ships.

9. slyone14

slyone14 Warlord

Im kinda odd I think, before the announcement I took a few months off and didn't play. Once the announcement happened, It actually has renewed my interest in the game. I keep playing and trying all the vanilla civs because once the expansion drops ill probably not play the old ones any longer.

10. Icicle

Icicle Prince

Yeah count me in with those whose interest is renewed with the announcement. Really didn't play much the second half of last year due to how disappointing the previous versions were.Turns out the fall update was pretty good. :D

11. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Some will become more difficult, but from what we know at this point, I don't think any will become impossible. For example, the more natural wonders available, the less likely a particular map roll will contain both crater lake and Yosemite.

comatosedragon likes this.
  12. Zenstrive

Zenstrive Ocean King

Still playing, trying to win Emperor with Gitarja. Her faith magic based naval armada is just too strong :)

13. Ozisl

Ozisl Warlord

I'm avoiding playing until the expansion. Seems like it will be a much better experience. But then, I haven't played in a while, anyway.

14. jddods

jddods Prince

Have enough problem with Trans-Siberian Railroad right now, with out cities going independent when trying to set up the cities on the route.

WillowBrook likes this.
  15. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Good luck. That was my least favorite achievement to get

Guandao likes this.
  16. jddods

jddods Prince

Thanks, I've decided to have a break from playing Russia and try the English achievement before going back to creating the railroad. Getting the capital far enough away from the centre of the continent seems to be the major problem. However I did manage to pick up the Volcano achievement in my last Russian play. Any hints on how get the railroad would be most welcome.

17. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I recommend turning barbs off, largest map size with only one opponent and no city states, move your starting settler and warrior until you can go no further east or west on a Pangaea map with low sea levels, then move north or south (a diagonal line can often be longer). Feel free to save the starting turn, then settle and build scouts to help you plan out your path.

jddods likes this.
  18. Goliht

Goliht Warlord

Bascially stopped playing until they fix alert. I like playing marathon speed with delayed eras mod, but with alert broken it means playing each turn click by click or pressing enter key etc.. every turn. And frankly it's just too annoying, so I won't be buying expansion until it's showing positive feedback on these forums and on yt and that Alert is fixed and working again. Maybe a few other pathing bugs, like the mtn auto paving block bug being fixed as well. (this is what an auto moving unit gets stuck next to mtn tiles.)

19. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Now playing Smac. Quill18's Twitch livestream yesterday of smac got me into this game again. I love civ6, but smac is such a better game. It's not just nostalgia, even by 2018 standards it's a much better game. Interesting that back in those days you didn't have to wait for an expansion for the game to get good. Arguably, the base game is better than the expansion.

Sometimes I forget what a great game this is. Seeing it and playing it yesterday reminded me. Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri could be the best civ game. I know it's not a true civ game, but it even blows civ4 out of the water.

It's not perfect, it has interface problems like forcing you to choose production at the beginning of a turn. And it doesn't have varied resources, but the game still holds up well. Even with square tiles and unit stacking. :)