Anyone have a printable 'Unit by Era' list?

Wakrob

Chieftain
It drives me nuts is a game trying to quickly figure out which units Generals and Policys are actually effecting. I would like to print a list of Units by Era for reference.

Has anyone seen such a list?

Wakrob

I have a similar problem with wonders. Not that I run the discount cards that often, but when I do, I have to hunt through the tech / civic tree to figure out if I have the right card for the wonders I'm building.

I have a similar problem with wonders. Not that I run the discount cards that often, but when I do, I have to hunt through the tech / civic tree to figure out if I have the right card for the wonders I'm building.

Ugh, yeah. It's even more annoying that some wonders state what era they are from in their description in the city info panel while you're building them, whilst others do not. If they were consistent about that it would make checking which ones are which considerably faster.

A list is nice, but just a band-aid.

What is needed is a clear UI-indicator, which units are affected by a general.
As generals are now area-specific and many of them can be around, it is simply too annoying to always counter-check by clicking on the general's unit and verify his "beneficial age". (That there is not even a Civipedia entry about a unit's age is just the icing on the cake ...)

There is even already an according visual effect implemented in the game: the white district highllight for other great people. Just highlight all affected units in the same way, if a general is selected.
An easy and very useful solution, I think.

--

(It is such a shame, that Civ6 misses out many of equally easy solutions, imo. Another one would be the sending of civilian units via direct map click. Why is it possible to directly transfer a trader to a new city, but not to start a trade route by simply clicking on the target city? Why can't a spy be directly placed, but always needs the "side bar list"?
I understand that the side bar grants additional information about the target city. But sometimes, I am simply not interested in them, but quickly want to move the unit: The trader to build a road, the spy to get vision to enemy territory.)

Top Bottom