Anyone here like the Monkey Island series?

MWA

I. hate. hippies.
Come on all you little Guybrush'es and Threepwoods of the civfantic forum - UNITE!

Personally I like the games a lot, I'm not a little Guybrush or a Threepwood though - are any of you?

I played them infrequently at best. I neither liked nor disliked them, just never got round to playing them enough to form an opinion. Had friends who absolutely loved the series, though.

I got the entire series, and played it like crazy when I was a kid.

Monkey Island 2 is still the best game of it's genre. The 3 and 4, despite the WAY greater graphics, are only good, not wonderful as the first two were.

Regards :).

Originally posted by Switch625
Any radioactive monkeys in it?

No but there are giant monkeys.

And there are also three-headed ones, what might very well be due to radioactivity...

:D I have the first 3, but the latest wouldn't work on my PC :s

Anyway, some immortal moments.......

"Look behind you a 3-headed monkey!!!"

"Hi! I'm selling these fine Corinthian Leather Jackets :) "

"Names are of little importance, you above all should know that Guybrush..."
"Yeah......hey!"

Monkey Island 2 was definitely the hardest of the series.

This belongs in the All Other Games Forum.

Originally posted by puglover
This belongs in the All Other Games Forum.

Ops, the variety of forums here is easy to forget! Well, I guess a mod will move it. Party pooper.

I love these games! I've played all of them at one time or another, but the most recent one, Escape From Monkey Island is the first I've played completely all the way through. I couldn't quite beat the game though. The last part has Guybrush controlling a giant monkey robot and battling LeChuck, who has possesed a huge statue of himself. While fighting Lechuck in Monkey Kombat, he knows all the moves and never makes a mistake, so the two of you just stalemate each other endlessly. His health regenerates, too, so you can't really harm him. Has anybody figured this out?

I can't remember exactly how to do it, but if I recall correctly you're not supposed to defeat LeChuck in 'traditional' Monkey Kombat, but there is something else you're supposed to do which triggers the ending.
Dig up a cheat FAQ, should only take a few seconds.

What you have to do is keep repeting the exact same move that LeChuck does. All the attacks will draw, and they will move like the monkey warriors on Monkey Island do. Eventually, LeChuck will bash his own head three times, crushing Ozzie Mandrill into pulp and saving the day.

I have never played MI 3 or 4 but will if I get them into my hands. I've still got MI 1 on my computer, but I have misplaced the code page.

Some quotes:

Guybrush: "You fight like a Dairy Farmer..."
Pirate: "How appropriate, you fight like a Cow."

Guybrush: I'm on a whole new adventure.
Pirate: Growing a mustache?
Guybrush: No, Bigger than That
Pirate: A beard?!?

Fink (while sitting round the campfire with Bart and Guybrush):
"I'd rather be a pirate on Scabb,
than a scab on a pirate,
And if you'll listen to me gab,
I'll tell you why I admire it.
Oh, the people aren't too friendly
And the weather's not the best,
The lodging's too expensive,
and Largo was quite a pest.
But the thing I like about Scabb
Is what it hasn't got.
No mayor or police force
And no jail in which to rot."

Canibals: that means his skin will be tough and leathery and his meat will be tough and stringy. - (When Guybrush is hanging over the acid pit)

Pirate: What's your name?
Guybrush: It's Guybrush.
Pirate: What kinda name is that?!
Guybrush: Well what's yours?!
Pirate: Mancomb Seepgood.

Famous Pirate Quotations
"Violets are blue
Roses are red
we're coming aboard
so prepare to eat lead."

From Wallys place when Guybrush looks at his bed.
"Reminds me of a dollhouse I once had... I mean my SISTER once had." -

Monkey Island 1 when you first see Monkey Island:
Guybrush : "WOW! This was well worth $59.95 + tax"

Skull guy with boucy head in Monkey Island 1
I feel so glad that you happened to capture my ship, then murdered me and everyone on board.
...yes sir... lucky.

Smirk and Guybrush
Smirk: I say 'You fight like a dairy farmer'. You respond:
Guybrush: You must be thinking of someone else I am not a farmer.
Smirk: I can see we've got a lot of work to do here.

Monkey 1 Names
Gibberish Driftwood - lookout
Guybrush Nosehair - fortune-teller
Peepwood - sheriff

Monkey 2 Names
Gorbush - men of low moral fiber
Threekwood - men of low moral fiber

Guybrush looking on the chest standing on the floor in Elaines room:
It's very impolite staring in womans chest.

PIRATE2:Grog is a secret mixure of which contains the following:
PIRATE1:Kerosene
PIRATE2:Glycol acid
PIRATE3:Artificial sweeteners
PIRATE1:Sulfuric acid
PIRATE2:Rum
PIRATE3:Acetone
PIRATE1:Red dye #2
PIRATE2:Scumm
PIRATE3:Axle grease
PIRATE1:Battery acid
PIRATE2:And/or pepperoni.

Originally posted by Rhye
I've never understood the meaning of the final of Monkey2 and the connection from the end of 2 and the beginning of 3

Sorry, can't help you there because I haven't played MI3. The only thing I remember from the end of MI2 was the revelation that LeChuck and Guybrush are brothers.

IO NON HO VOTATO BERLUSCONI - I DID NOT VOTE FOR BERLUSCONI
ICH HABE NICHT BERLUSCONI GEWÄHLT - YO NO HE ELEGIDO BERLUSCONI
MOI, JE N'AI PAS VOTÉ POUR BERLUSCONI - IK HEB NIET OP BERLUSCONI GESTEMD

:) Now Europe knows. I wouldn't have voted for him either. That guy belongs into prison.

I want to study at an Italian university for a year. Do you think the political climate could be a reason against that? Can you recommend a place? I am thinking of Bologna...

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by heliogabalus

Sorry, can't help you there because I haven't played MI3. The only thing I remember from the end of MI2 was the revelation that LeChuck and Guybrush are brothers.

Yes, but that revelation was contradicted by the beginning of 3

Originally posted by heliogabalus

:) Now Europe knows. I wouldn't have voted for him either. That guy belongs into prison.

I want to study at an Italian university for a year. Do you think the political climate could be a reason against that? Can you recommend a place? I am thinking of Bologna...

Thanks in advance!

Nah, the political climate may affect TV or perhaps :rolleyes: football referees. But not university, that's ok.
The choice of the place depends upon the faculty you want to do. For example if you want to study Languages Forlì is very good.
But generally, I think Pisa (where I go) and Milano are very important universitites. AVOID southern Italy

Top Bottom