Anyone try CQUI after the patch?

CQUI is buggy for me. It's better than it used to be, but still buggy.

I do wonder if the better map pins mod is working. I struggle without that because I don't like to use my keyboard.
As posted in this thread, Map Tacks is compatible with GS. I'm not sure if that's the one CQUI uses or not.

For those longing for CQUI, but are already playing with GS. I recommend trying out Sukritact's Simple UI Adjustments and Extended Diplomacy Ribbon both of which have been updated to run with GS.

Other Mods are also being listed in that thread. Feel free to check them out and/or add your own findings!

CQUI is buggy for me. It's better than it used to be, but still buggy.

I do wonder if the better map pins mod is working. I struggle without that because I don't like to use my keyboard.

Yes, Map Tacks has been updated for GS.

Edit: Ninja'd

The reports screen is pretty close to the CQUI layout, but you cannot sort anything, and of course, the units screen isn't there.

Manually clicking on a unit, then name, then scroll is ridiculously cumbersome.

eudaimonia's Concise UI mod is also fit for GS and very much worth attention.

Someone beat me to it but Sukritact's Simple UI Adjustments (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=939149009) is a neat little UI mod. It's not as all encompassing as CQUI, but it does offer some of the same functionality. I particularly like when you hover over a city-banner, it shows what tiles are being worked.

Actually, if you combine a couple of different mods, you almost get the CQUI experience. I have Sukritact's UI adjustments, Sukritact's Great People Screen, Map Tacks, and Better Report Screen, Better Trade Screen, Better Espionage Screen, Policy Change Reminder, Barbarians Notifier, and Population Change Notifier.

Most of those mods are bundled in CQUI but they've been independently updated to work with Gathering Storm.

Also, I'm going to change Population change Notifier to only push notifications on population loss or upon gaining a population point that enables a new district to be plopped (pops 4, 7,10, 13 etc.) I find that the "governor" does a good enough job using the yield preferences buttons and I only am really interested in plopping new districts ASAP so as to lock-in their costs.

I do like that the GS multiqueue lets players queue up multiple cities in one window, which was not available in CQUI. But there are some boneheaded decisions in the Civ 6 queue system that CQUI does better.

I learned today that in Civ 6's queue, I can just queue up a monument (or any building) in a city 8 times if I wanted. That's kinda messy. CQUI made it so if you queued up a building, that building was considered "in production" so you couldn't select that building a second time.

Hopefully there's a better UI mod for this that incorporates the multiqueue as well.

While overflow is nerfed, I wonder what happens if you chop overflow into these buildings hard enough. Having two of the same building would be kind of amusing. Not necessarily as game breaking as double granary in civ 4, but still amusing.

Wait what?

You couldn't do it normally, but if you made a city with both a regular granary and the Incan terrace they would stack in additive fashion. City would grow a pop/turn well into the 60s and then promptly starve down into the 20's, repeating the cycle.

I'd imagine if this was ever a thing w/o worldbuilder edits it would be one of the most broken whip/draft factories ever.

I made such a city in one of the noble's club games I hosted long ago, on a one tile island in the middle of the ocean held by a "minor nation". It had many duplicate buildings due to base + unique building and was surprisingly strong in research, though in typical AI fashion largely did nothing and wound up not impacting most peoples' games. Things just don't work out as planned.

Anyway, the ability to queue duplicate buildings caused me to remember that, but Civ 6 multipliers aren't such that you can loop 100% food or get negative maintenance etc so less interesting :p.

Actually, if you combine a couple of different mods, you almost get the CQUI experience. I have Sukritact's UI adjustments, Sukritact's Great People Screen, Map Tacks, and Better Report Screen, Better Trade Screen, Better Espionage Screen, Policy Change Reminder, Barbarians Notifier, and Population Change Notifier.

Yes, but what I miss most from CQUI is easily a City Panel that doesn't require inexplicably going to a different tab to do anything, meaning 3-4x more clicks than necessary, not to mention needing to go and look for the dang tab in the first place. Oh how I hate it. Now we even have a new separate tab for the queue! Why isn't it just open all the time? Unfortunately with all the UI mods out there nobody has released a decent city panel one yet.

I also miss the lenses.

Yes, but what I miss most from CQUI is easily a City Panel that doesn't require inexplicably going to a different tab to do anything, meaning 3-4x more clicks than necessary, not to mention needing to go and look for the dang tab in the first place. Oh how I hate it. Now we even have a new separate tab for the queue! Why isn't it just open all the time? Unfortunately with all the UI mods out there nobody has released a decent city panel one yet.

This!

I haven't played without CQUI for so long I had forgot about the damn tabs. Who builds an interface like this??? I mean clearly they don't actually play the game.

I am anti-civ6 default AI to a fault so I loved CQUI for Vanilla but the development took months for R&F. Which no shade thrown, it’s complex and a massive undertaking for what essentially amounts to a second job for the developers.

I realized you can get all the elements from other mods though and I highly recommend going this route. The biggest one is HellBlazer’s city overview. That is amazing and so hard to play without. If anything bc faith/gold/production are all right there with a great build queue. Not sure if he will update or someone will produce a new one.

Right now the CQUI elements available for GS that I like are:

Extended Diplomacy Ribbon
Happiness and Growth Indicators - Intuitive amenity and growth indicators in top bar
Production Queue - Way faster than Fxs version
Sukritact’s UI Adjustments - See tiles worked faster, right click to change them, good religion info and modifiers info
Real Great People
Map Tacks
Better Report Screen

You basically have CQUI when these are updated:
BTS, BES, More Lenses - Same developer and said he is working on them.
Simplified Gossip/Combat Gossip Log - a couple mods that work together and put all the screen spam off to the side.
Hellblazer City Overview - A wildcard if it will update.

Concise UI guy is doing a ton of cool stuff but he is pretty upfront that he doesn’t care if his mods work with others. Right now it doesn’t work with the production queue and it didn’t work with more lenses before GS which is everyone’s favorite and he never intended it too. So not sure how his mod will play out. Talented UI modder though. He added a unit selection tool that seems legit. I don’t think it works with BRS right now either but before R&F it did so there is hope.

I really miss having faith/gold options in the city view. Makes it easier for ADD players like myself to make quick decisions and less clicks.

I also need a policy change reminder. I’d say 70% of the time I change policies at a new government bc I forget.

Seeing that queue makes me wonder if the devs ever even look at the most used/popular mods on Steam. If you want to improve the UI you have to know what people want/like and what they don't.
I really would like a dev explain why there are seperate tabs for assigning worked tiles and buying tiles. What's the point?

For me the most important part of CQUI is to be able to see what unimproved resources I have and what unimproved tiles that a city is working at the moment I have. This is too good to miss.

Simplified Gossip/Combat Gossip Log - a couple mods that work together and put all the screen spam off to the side.
Simplified Gossip & the Slide add-on are updated already. Combat Gossip hasn't been though.
Also, I'm going to change Population change Notifier to only push notifications on population loss or upon gaining a population point that enables a new district to be plopped (pops 4, 7,10, 13 etc.)
I'm not familiar with this one unless you mean Fearsunn's mod, but that one doesn't have the functionality you describe.

I for one am glad the CQUI team is on this version as well. I wish them luck because whatever they turn out will improve the game. For now, I'll manage as GS vanilla is quite an improvement over its predecessor.

Sounds like at least the mini map is broken by the June patch, which has been reported to CQUI Community Edition, which will make the mod unusable to me anyway, anyone else see other problems?

I literally just came out of Offline mode the weekend before last to pickup the last patch and CQUI fixes for it. I am hoping it doesn't take months again to get the fixes for this patch, but I will wait for it.

For me the most important part of CQUI is to be able to see what unimproved resources I have and what unimproved tiles that a city is working at the moment I have. This is too good to miss.

For me this is both the best feature of CQUI and the worst. Very useful, but I find adds a lot of clutter and is just ugly, which is my biggest issue with CQUI in general

Top Bottom