Anyway to get rid of production nerf?

Sohaib Razzaq

Chieftain
Hi guys, long time civilization fan but first time poster here.
So i love civilization games, have over 1000 hours in Civ 5 and needless to say i preordered civ 6 deluxe edition. I played it quite a bit at launch, around 100 hours and overall impressions was the game had potential to be one of the best in series. It had some issues like AI's tendency to decalre stupid wars early if you went more peaceful route yourself but overall game was fun.
So i recently tried to get back into it to try new factions but find out production has been nerfed to the ground. Seriously i didn't like building spaceport districts required over 30 turns in my capital so is there anyway to get rid of that stupid production nerf? Any mod perhaps which do that. I don't care about multiplayer, never played Civ multiplayer infact and i seriously don't like steam enforcing updates into my face.

Right now the only available option to me seems like to download the unpatched version of the game off torrents. Seems stupid seeing how i bought the game and the devs ruined it for me later and i have to pirate it now to play how i like it. Sadly in its current state, game is unplayable for me. Might as well start a new deity game in Civ V rather then sit waiting forever for the districts to finish before i even start building the required building i want. And when you have to do it in 10+ cities its just chaos.

There are mods that keep districts from becoming too expensive. I don't know the names, since I don't use them.

But have you tried working with internal trade routes a lot? It's still easy to get to 100+ production in a city, despite the factory nerf.

I like building tall so i always ALWAYS use internal trade routes until very late in the game (if my game goes that far) or unless i am having severe gold issues.
Here is the thing, building tall in Civ V you would almost always reach ~200 production in late game (atomic/information era) and building wonders is still viable early game minus deity where AI has huge tech advantage but in Civ VI it seems impossible.
In my last game AS GERMANY with careful city planning i had 90 production in my capital late game. Civ VI is much better played wide unlike Civ V where 4-6 cities were optimal but with most of your cities stuck at 30-50 production it seems worthless anyway.

Civ VI is much better played wide unlike Civ V where 4-6 cities were optimal but with most of your cities stuck at 30-50 production it seems worthless anyway.
Yes, in civ VI more cities is always better. And also some large core cities (but large is still rather small compared to civ V) with 20+ population and lots of cities with less than 10 pop. Especially with Germany, where you don't need a lot of large cities due to the free districts.
But I can see how this is hardly according to your play style.
You can also try different game speeds. I always play on epic, which is probably not your thing if 30 turns is seen as long for a space port. But you can try quick or online speed and see how that feels. The game speeds can shake up the feel of the game.

I have no idea how good you are playing, but I'll state this anyway: a common civ VI mistake seems to be advancing too fast in techs and getting lots of buildings, units and districts that take very long to build, since some production costs scale with advancing tech and more advanced units cost more production. Finding the right balance between science and production is not easy.

I have no problem winning, that's not the issue. Issue is production is too slow that it takes forever to complete something in reasonable time as you fly through tech and civics tree. I can win deity on Civ V on any map and i have also won civ 6 deity but only as scythia and against 3 other AI players.

I take it if i uninstall my game and redownload through steam it will automatically download to the latest version. Perhaps is there anyway to make steam download the un patched version of the game?

Perhaps is there anyway to make steam download the un patched version of the game?
This would be also interesting as reference. For example to examine older, no longer supported mods ... (based on this version and so a simple DIFF shows just the mod and not also all the later patches)

Top Bottom