AOE Launcher won't start

Bridog7

Little Monster
Wanting to try out AOE but the launcher won't start the game
I downloaded as well the patch properly, extracted and put everything in the right folders but I get nothing when I click launch game

Any help and advice?

Wanting to try out AOE but the launcher won't start the game
I downloaded as well the patch properly, extracted and put everything in the right folders but I get nothing when I click launch game

Any help and advice?
You can always try to load the mod manually from the game it self like you would any other mod. That should at least tell us if the problem is with the launcher, the mod, the game or something else.

You can always try to load the mod manually from the game it self like you would any other mod. That should at least tell us if the problem is with the launcher, the mod, the game or something else.
I tried that and it just loads as Civ IV BTS

Isn't that why the instructions say to start it from AOE launcher

I tried that and it just loads as Civ IV BTS

Isn't that why the instructions say to start it from AOE launcher
So you did the process of:
- Start Game
- Click Advanced
- Click Load a Mod
- Select AOE from the list and load it.

And it didn't work? Ok, that's bad. Does the mod even show up in your list at all?

Also check your Ashes of Erebus folder to make sure you don't have a situation like this:
AIOE BUG1.png

If this is in fact not the case and you have everything installed correctly try the option I use to start the mod. Create a shortcut for the main CIV4BTS.exe and edit that shortcut to add this bit at the end:
AOE SC.png

Starting that shortcut should start the game with the mod loaded. Also, make sure you are running CIV4 as an administrator.

So you did the process of:
- Start Game
- Click Advanced
- Click Load a Mod
- Select AOE from the list and load it.

And it didn't work? Ok, that's bad. Does the mod even show up in your list at all?

Also check your Ashes of Erebus folder to make sure you don't have a situation like this:
View attachment 634607

If this is in fact not the case and you have everything installed correctly try the option I use to start the mod. Create a shortcut for the main CIV4BTS.exe and edit that shortcut to add this bit at the end:
View attachment 634610

Starting that shortcut should start the game with the mod loaded. Also, make sure you are running CIV4 as an administrator.
When I do that load it, it stays the same as BTS. Like it loads as BTS and I know that because I can see unload mod even though it's still BTS

My folder doesn't look like that

I guess I could try the last option there

I download the right one right. 14.11 from Civ Fanatics that directs you to Sourceforge right. And I downloaded the patch too, overwrote it like it says

When I do that load it, it stays the same as BTS. Like it loads as BTS and I know that because I can see unload mod even though it's still BTS

My folder doesn't look like that

I guess I could try the last option there

I download the right one right. 14.11 from Civ Fanatics that directs you to Sourceforge right. And I downloaded the patch too, overwrote it like it says
Problem solved. I'm the idiot who put the 14.11 folder in the mods folder. Not take the AOE folder out of the 14.11 one lol

Top Bottom