Apollo Challenge Thread

I have friends who won't play the game on Apollo because they "know they are not deity level players" I can't convince them that it is emperor level, at best.

Anyway, I'd like a forum game. I'm sure a patch will be coming soon. The game is not fundamentally broken. To me it seems a lot like civ 5 release where all you did was sell luxes for 500g and then stomp the AI with overpowered horsemen.

Yes, playing with mods will disable achievements.

Not if you install the mods correctly - you can piggyback your mods onto the Exoplanets DLC and Beyond Earth will think you're playing an unmodded version.

It's the only way I know of to get achievements in singleplayer and play modded multiplayer.

I have friends who won't play the game on Apollo because they "know they are not deity level players" I can't convince them that it is emperor level, at best.

Anyway, I'd like a forum game. I'm sure a patch will be coming soon. The game is not fundamentally broken. To me it seems a lot like civ 5 release where all you did was sell luxes for 500g and then stomp the AI with overpowered horsemen.

Have they not noticed that they're hundreds of points ahead quite early in the game? I played my first game on Mercury difficulty to learn the ropes but quit it early when it became clear it wasn't going to be in any way exciting. My second game was on Apollo, which I won without too much difficulty.

Top Bottom