1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Apolyton's Response

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Octavian X, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Yesterday FortyJ asked that the following message be sent to Apolyton.
    From Apolyton, we received the following response:

2. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

We have bad relations from a trade voted on by 3 citizens :simmering anger:

3. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

Look, if the poll hadn't closed by the time I got there, I may have voted. I think many of us may have confused this poll with a one earlier, with a similar name.

Simply say to them, the only reason why we didn't honor the trade was due to a polling fault, and that the issue will be re-polled. Now lets redo that poll!

4. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

Not much different than I expected from them.

I have no problems giving them the Construction technology, provided they are indeed allies in our struggle against GCA. Up until now, they have done nothing but talk the talk, without walking the walk (not even a map trade because it would violate their agreement with our enemy).

Let's go ahead and give them Construction and then we can watch them trade it to GCA (I'd wager they'll do this even if we explicitly tell them not to), then sit back and continue building cities while GCA destroys us.

<><><><><>

Just another thought... Why are they so concerned about getting Construction immediately when they will get it all the same under the proposed agreement? Could they be more reluctant to join our fight than previously believed? Is this how "blood brothers" act?

Keep in mind, that we have never once implied that they wouldn't get Construction from us. In fact, the wording of my proposal does not even stipulate trading Construction for anything, only the sharing of all knowledge.

Perhaps, we could inquire if they would be adverse to signing this deal after we gave them Construction (which we could do next turn).... I'd bet they'll respond with "Give us Constr, and we'll consider the offer" or something similarly non-committal.

I'm not liking this at all. I'm starting to get the feeling that our Blood Brothers aren't too concerned with how much bleeding we're doing down here.