Apostiolic Palace with AI religion or your own?

TruePurple

Civ wanna B
If you have founded a religion but you already have a AI spread religion , should you have AP be what your founded religion is or the AI religion? Say if your Indian so switching back and forth with religions is no big deal.

I have made AP my founded religion but then often the AP vote comes along, I'm elected leader but I can't do anything with it. On the flip side AI spreads way faster than me (If I try to match it I'm crippled with research) and have gotten AP where it's the AI spread religion. Despite me founding it AI kept getting elected leader and I had no control.

AP is a good wonder to get?

The AP is set to the state religion of the person who builds it the turn it's build, regardless of who founded the religion. If you don't have a state religion you cannot build AP.

AP isn't necessarily a bad wonder to get, but it's usually better to let the AI fiddle with it while you reap most of the benefits and prepare to burn it down to the ground the moment it becomes an inconvenience to your plans :devil:.

The AP is set to the state religion of the person who builds it the turn it's build, regardless of who founded the religion. If you don't have a state religion you cannot build AP.
I know that. What I can do is change my state religion to what I want the AP to be. So if my state religion is Buddhism from AI spread and I found Christianity, I can switch to Christianity and build AP or stay Buddhist. when I build AP.

So should I use the AI religion or my founded religion for AP?

AP isn't necessarily a bad wonder to get, but it's usually better to let the AI fiddle with it while you reap most of the benefits and prepare to burn it down to the ground the moment it becomes an inconvenience to your plans :devil:.
What does "let the AI fiddle with it" mean? Burn what down to the ground and how? So do you think I should build AP or not? I got a builder GP I could use that to get AP

AP is a pretty strong wonder.

It's usually better to build the AP in the dominant religion (which in this case is the AI religion). You'd have to make missionaries for your self-founded religion otherwise to be able to build monasteries and temples everywhere. Upside is that the AI won't be able to mess with you as much if you use your self-founded religion. This is mostly important if you wish to invade someone who shares the AI religion. Peace and city return resolution in the AP can be a real headache then.

If you capture the city that holds the AP, and choose to raze it down to the ground, the AP wonder will be destroyed and removed from the game. No more resolutions, which is very helpful when you're trying to conquer the world and get bombarded by constant "stop the war!" or "re-assign this city to that civ" resolutions.

So, I got pyramid for early representative so if I add builder GP it will have bonus 3 science before multipliers. Or I could use GP for AP, or should I save it for something else?

The AI religion I got is 10%, another religion that hasn't spread to me is 30%, one nice thing about using my own founded religion is I will benefit the most from the bonus production including the priest GP structure as well. So which religion should I use if I get AP in the first place?

If you build the AP, which I VERY rarely would do myself, the religion you use would depend significantly on how much you want to control the AP religion. Generally, considering I never bother with early religions, I would consider the religion spread of the targeted AP religion both inside and outside my empire. I mean if you are gonna build the darn thing I assume that you want to control it, so you may want to build it in with the religion that you dominate - and consider those that would vote for you as Resident and their religion spread. Also, a nation gets more votes if they are in that religion.

Now going for AP victory is a whole other animal. In that case, I would generally go for a much lower spread religion that I can control the spread of this victory condition can be really cheesed hard with very limited spread (as long as every civ has at least one city with the AP religion). AP victories can be won very early on certain maps - I'm talkin' BCs.

In general, though, AP is considered a waste of hammers to build. I'd never waste a Great Engineer on it unless I strictly had a goal to build it for AP victory, but I very rarely go for that victory.

Let's AI's waste hammers on that junk and let them spend hammers building missionaries to spread religion to you.

You might find this wiki on the AP useful:

AP

A early builder GP with early representative unlock, makes sense to have the GP join my cap?
IMO that'd depend on a myriad of factors such as what your goals are, targeted victory condition, the timing of the GE, whether you have bonus wonder resources and/ or industrious. Settling it is fine, but you might find more value of....say...rushing the Great Library or MoM. If it comes later around when you get Nationalism, rushing Taj is a good use. On normal settings, a GE can fully rush Taj in a size 10 city.

Top Bottom