1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

April 17th (4-17) download link request

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Cokolwiek, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Cokolwiek

Cokolwiek Prince

Hey, due to tile city locking issue, on behalf of myself and people who experience it I need to ask:
    Does someone have April 17th version installation file to download and could share it?
    Sadly, without locking tiles I will have to stick to the old version. Thank you in advance.

2. InkAxis

InkAxis Prince

The same place it always is?? The thread "New Beta Version - 4/17" or something.

3. Cokolwiek

Cokolwiek Prince

"Always" I salute credulity! Each beta version is deleted after release of new one. The link from that thread has been dead since @G uploaded a new one. It is not the first time I have to ask for the old version download because of bugs in the recent ones.

4. Recursive

Recursive Covets Lands That You Currently Own Moderator

Here you go: https://mega.nz/folder/TBF1lKba#5qEL7OE4Qz8AIxXFFNsO_g/folder/fN9lVQ5a

Cokolwiek likes this.
  5. Cokolwiek

Cokolwiek Prince

6. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Old versions are always archived in the old version folder on the How to Install page.

7. Cokolwiek

Cokolwiek Prince

It's simply not true. There are no versions archived from the last stable version, and they original links in the threads are dead. It was the case since I joined the forums. So it's like 20 or 30 most recent betas completely unavailable. In the archive you mentioned there are betas only up to July of 2019.

8. wobuffet

wobuffet Barbarian

@Cokolwiek

9. Cokolwiek

Cokolwiek Prince

@wobuffet That's exactly the thing I mentioned. How many version between the last one and July of 2019 do you see there? Zero? This archive hasn't been updated for a year, and there was thirty new beta version since then, including around ten in 2020 alone. So @Gazebo statement that all versions are always archived in that folder is untrue and misleading, unfortunately. At least now we have April version there but the last time I had problems with new beta, there was no previous one. It was just like now, a hole since July 2019.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  10. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

I don’t archive betas in most cases as they’re generally obsoleted by the next version due to bug fixes. I’d quickly run out of space if I archived each beta.

11. Cokolwiek

Cokolwiek Prince

It's understandable. However I would like to point out that in my opinion it would be nice if the let's say two most recent betas were available for the community, whether for the sake of playing old unfinished saves after installing new version, continuing photo journals or breakthroughs, or bugged most recent release. I think it's more sensible to hold betas from a month ago or two weeks ago, than multiple versions from 2016 that you could store somewhere else. But it's just food for thought.

12. wobuffet

wobuffet Barbarian

What am I missing here?

I do agree that an archive of the last 5 betas or so would be nice. Certainly more useful to archive a few newer betas rather than (even lots of) older ones.

Cokolwiek likes this.
  13. Milae

Milae Warlord

Yea I could do with the March (22?) one as well if anyone has that. I just recovered a game on that patch.

14. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Was there a 3-22 version? I have 3-15-2 and 3-1b if you want.

15. Cokolwiek

Cokolwiek Prince

You are right that the version I asked for is there now. But I was referencing "all versions being there" There is only one version from 2020, when there clearly was more betas. Previous one is from a year ago.

wobuffet likes this.