Archaeological dig sites

DesertFox20591

Chieftain
i don't like to give even my best friends and neighbors in the game open borders if i know he researched archaeology because stealing my landmarks is the worst nightmare. however when i researched archaeology and got my first archaeologist ready i planned to steal my neighbor landmarks but when i go to an archaeological dig site within his border it doesn't give me the option to construct archaeological dig. i assumed because he doesn't have archaeology tech yet. tried later and worked. but it don't work vice versa i.e when other player have archaeology and even you don't have it yet they could construct archaeological dig inside your border, i know it wasn't hidden because when i got archaeology it was revealed. so can anybody explain to me how it works?

i don't like to give even my best friends and neighbors in the game open borders if i know he researched archaeology because stealing my landmarks is the worst nightmare. however when i researched archaeology and got my first archaeologist ready i planned to steal my neighbor landmarks but when i go to an archaeological dig site within his border it doesn't give me the option to construct archaeological dig. i assumed because he doesn't have archaeology tech yet. tried later and worked. but it don't work vice versa i.e when other player have archaeology and even you don't have it yet they could construct archaeological dig inside your border, i know it wasn't hidden because when i got archaeology it was revealed. so can anybody explain to me how it works?
Possibility number 1 : the player already has a worker (or archeologist) working on this tile. Only one worker-like can be working at the same time on the same tile.
Possibility number 2 : there is an unbreakable improvement on this tile (a fort or any great person improvement)
Possibility number 3 : there is a bug or something I don't understand too

Possibility number 1 : the player already has a worker (or archeologist) working on this tile. Only one worker-like can be working at the same time on the same tile.
Possibility number 2 : there is an unbreakable improvement on this tile (a fort or any great person improvement)
Possibility number 3 : there is a bug or something I don't understand too
This can be a trick. If you cannot dig it now, build a fort over it.

Did you give him open borders too? I believe it has to be mutual for you to be able to dig.

Did you give him open borders too? I believe it has to be mutual for you to be able to dig.
fortunately our open borders trade expired 2 turns after he began digging and his archaeologist was kicked from my land. he kept asking me for open borders every turn and i refused until i finished excavating them

Top Bottom