Are basic resources made by Weather Controllers permanent?

bhavv

Glorious World Dictator
Or do they only last while the satellite does?

I would assume so....you are only getting 1 (or 2)* every 48 turns...and only if there is unimproved tiles present.

*I think/hope the longer it stays up the greater the chance of getting a second (making SF and Superior Engineering Virtue worthwhile)

Oh it only makes one at a time? Can you remove improvements from tiles?

Oh it only makes one at a time? Can you remove improvements from tiles?

Not that I know of...if it is like civ5

1. In your terrain, You can only replace one improvement with another....if you Start an improvement, replacing a previous one, but do not finish it, then I'm not sure if it counts as 'unimproved' for these purposes

2. outside of your terrain, you can pillage a tile...but there remains a damaged improvement

You Can remove Roads/Railroads... and pillaging a water improvement destroys it

Not sure about CivBE (except we know they do have pillaging)

Well you should be able to remove improvements in order to get basic resources added to the tile with this satellite.

Well you should be able to remove improvements in order to get basic resources added to the tile with this satellite.

or it should ignore improvements if no tile is available.

But one would use this satellite probably only in new cities that have to grow fast. In older cities other satellites might be more useful anyway.

But one would use this satellite probably only in new cities that have to grow fast. In older cities other satellites might be more useful anyway.

Probably this, but I could see leaving less than stellar third ring tiles (ie: tundra or desert) unimproved in your capital to be improved by such a satellite if you could build them while your capital was still small enough to not associate running one with a massive opportunity cost. Maybe even set up another city 6 tiles away and just keep throwing up weather controllers to improve third ring tiles for both cities. Depends how quickly you could reasonably expect to get the tech, and how much reason you have to go that way on the tech web I guess.

I don't think the bonus resources will be worth the opportunity cost of leaving tiles unimproved and forgoing a more useful satellite. I'll probably use it on relatively new cities and once or twice on my capital, and if I have the production capacity and orbital coverage I might use some on neutral territory in preparation of a new colony.

I don't think the bonus resources will be worth the opportunity cost of leaving tiles unimproved and forgoing a more useful satellite. I'll probably use it on relatively new cities and once or twice on my capital, and if I have the production capacity and orbital coverage I might use some on neutral territory in preparation of a new colony.

It is a very useful satellite, it also adds +1 :c5food: per tile.

Top Bottom