are the city limits still at 512???

I no the unit limit has been upped, don't no about the city limit. I have never ran in the the city limit before.(all ways kill the AI to fast)

Originally posted by Bobisback
I no the unit limit has been upped, don't no about the city limit. I have never ran in the the city limit before.(all ways kill the AI to fast)

The unit limit is higher?

i believe i found your answer. i found this from searching for 'city limit' in the conquest's editor help files. there's a file called 'What's new in this version of Civ3ConquestsEdit?' and if you go down to version 1.33 it says the following:

"Implemented city placement. You can now add, delete, and edit cities. When a city is placed, a unique name is automatically generated for it. City art will match the era of the player it is assigned to. (Note: There is a limit of 512 cities per map.)....."

Originally posted by dreadknought

The unit limit is higher?

yep I think it is doubled.

Gutted. I'm sure someone posted the city limit was increased - I've even mentioned so to others. :blush:

Originally posted by Bobisback

I hit it once on one of the really big Europe maps ( which, unlike the largest world maps are 75%+ land and therefore fit more cities ). By that time however the game was virtually unplayable as to plant a city took around ten minutes and to pillage a road, five.

hmm more cities, how do you people find the patience to play on superhuge maps. it takes 10 minutes between turns. and I probably have a faster computer then most people. Is there something I am missing? (currently playing a 362x362 map with 31 civs with probably 2000 units active counting all civs)

10 minutes?! Is their siomtehing wrong with me if I am used to waiting 8-12 hours? Of course i can do other stuff with the computer in that time, but still....it is a while. Haha.

Top Bottom