When did the "metal tin" version of CIV III come out?

Chuma

Warlord
I swear I got it in 2003 but my first post on the forums is in 2002. I know I was concerned about how much time I had been playing it by the end of 2003 to start going to gigs instead also my digital photography took over my gaming.

I can still remember where the store was in the city but it is no longer there along with a lot of shops in the CBD I used to go to, did a photo book this year about one with contributors.

I had a look on Amazon.com, and the first review that specifically mentions the "Limited Edition" (tin box) version was posted in May 2002. I'm assuming that was shortly after the last patch (1.29) for the 16-civ vanilla version was released, but before the PTW (multiplayer) expansion came out.

The LE version (the only one currently available!) is being offered for US$135 -- if you still have yours, and are interested in making some money... ;)

Last edited:
I had a look on Amazon.com, and the first review that specifically mentions the "Limited Edition" (tin box) version was posted in May 2002. I'm assuming that was shortly after the last patch (1.29) for the 16-civ vanilla version was released, but before the PTW (multiplayer) expansion came out.

The LE version (the only one currently available!) is being offered for US$135 -- if you still have yours, and are interested in making some money... ;)

The disc got scratched and stopped working, even the copy I had stopped working. I did have the tin until 2015 or 2018 when it either went out of the front lawn when I moved or went to the opp shop when I moved. I still have issues with CDs and blurays getting scratched to horsehocky from cardboard sleeves. Bluray box sets are not cheap! https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/All-the-Haunts-Be-Ours-A-Compendium-of-Folk-Horror-Blu-ray/299164/

Whoops! I completely missed that I had sworn on my post. I am used to Meta flagging posts for no reason.

The metal tin was the Limited Edition of the game's original launch, October 2001. I still have mine, which I got in December of that year.

I got it on special around the time of my birthday I think as I was only getting paid once a month around the 12th and I was in the city that weekend in 2002. Must have been on special since it was the year after.

Top Bottom