Are these possible to mod into CivBERT?

Azem.Ocram

King
I had an idea to make a Beyond Earth Total Conversion Mod for Civilization VI once its first expansion and mod tools were released. However, Abade69 told me that most of what I want to accomplish are doable in CivBERT.

Are these possible to mod?

Unimproved terrain unworkable until a certain level of Harmony is reached
(I think 3 sounds good)

Victory assistance tile wonders
(super mind stem, earth colonist booster, trade routes making a new victory)

United Nations + Diplomatic Victory

Tile Wonders unrelated to victory
(Civilopedia has talked about some wonders taking up a lot of space and the art for them exists, they show up in the corners)

National Wonders

Affinity Ideologies
(6 Ideologies, no pressure to change, tenets depend on affinity levels in the chosen affinity or two if hybrid)

Housing & Local Happiness/Amenities
(creates another cap)

Neighborhoods
(grow denser as they are worked longer - maybe use the trading post to town code as used in Civ5)
(provide local happiness dependent on terrain and improvements)
(each neighborhood expands workable distance for its city by 1 tile or acts as a mini-city with its own radius)
(I drew some sketches and modeled some 3D art on how they might look like in the 6 styles at different levels)

Return of resource trading

Return of favors

I already know that new techs, new affinity levels, new improvements, new victories, new buildings, and new terrain (with map scripts) are possible.

Unimproved terrain unworkable until a certain level of Harmony is reached
-> Forcing to make terrain unworkable? No. You could get around it by making it so terrain-yields get reduced by default, and Improvement yields get increased, and then swap it again when Harmony 3 is reached though.

Victory assistance tile wonders
-> Yes, mechanically that's possible, but it required lua-scripting (victory quests)

United Nations + Diplomatic Victory
-> Well... theoretically. You'd need to code all the UN-Functionality yourself, including AI-stuff. Adding new Victories is possible as well.

Tile Wonders unrelated to victory
-> See above, but required lua scripting again

National Wonders
-> Yes, and pretty easily too (Spy Agency is already a National Wonder, as are all the Artifact Wonders)

Affinity Ideologies
-> Manually per Lua, yes...

Housing & Local Happiness/Amenities
-> Manually per Lua, yes... with dummy-buildings.

Neighborhoods
(grow denser as they are worked longer - maybe use the trading post to town code as used in Civ5)
(provide local happiness dependent on terrain and improvements)
(each neighborhood expands workable distance for its city by 1 tile or acts as a mini-city with its own radius)
(I drew some sketches and modeled some 3D art on how they might look like in the 6 styles at different levels)
-> Well... changing improvement yields etc. dynamically is not possible, you could theoretically do it via Lua with a ton of dummy improvements to cover all situations

Return of resource trading
-> Don't think that's possible, unless you emulate it with lua

Return of favors
-> See above

Thanks for telling me how possible these are; you even told me how feasible they are! Looks like I will need to learn LUA. So far, I have been able to get semi-functional mods working with XML and a little copy-pasting of LUA.

I will certainly learn LUA to make tile wonders both of the victory assistance and non-victory kinds. I will eventually find out whether Trade Routes can in any way count towards victory; Reclamation Victory is supposed to be rebuilding Earth by sending supplies through the Warp Gate via colonists, workers, and traders directly (like Emancipation but with only those 3 (or 4 if I add RoBuilders) civilian units) and trade routes to the Reclamation Warehouse.

Capping population with buildings might be easier than making a bunch of dummy-buildings.

I plan on making neighborhoods that visually change as they progress, with 2 varieties (one that provides amenities and one that doesn't) and 4 tiers (exurb/suburb, village/hood, town/projects, uptown/downtown) and 6 affinities. That 48 different tile improvements, each with a (usually subtle) different appearance. Through retexturing, using some of the same submeshes (buildings AKA houses/apartments), I could probably crank out the artwork for all 48 neighborhoods in the course of 2 weeks (after I make them function using basic WIP/concept art).

I plan on also making Hybridized Parks for the Hybridized Affinities (Masterful Plaza, Ascendent Preserve, and Voracious Square), similar to the in-game Terrascapes and your Nanoscapes and Xenoscapes.

I'm not sure if I will want to make Affinity Ideologies anymore because I don't know how to create the UI to select the Tenets (AKA player-perks).

I'm not sure whether I want to change terrain yields anymore but I might make it so that terrain yields 0 food at 0 Harmony and normal food at 1 Harmony.

Last edited:
Top Bottom