Are you a hacker?

Funny stuff :lol:

I had a quick look at some of the comments, there's a scary amount of people who think it's a legitimate article :crazyeye: with rather a lot who, after stating their credentials as some sort of IT pro, go through each point one by one, pointing out it's incorrectness.

I think I'm going to learn programming. Then I can program an explanation of the word 'humor' into binary code. Maybe then these geeks will understand what a joke is..................

No, it was a stupid article. If you're going to satirize something, at least make it half-accurate. For instance (this is my take), to find out of your son is hacking, ask him for our IP address! If he knows, he's hacking other computers!

hbdragon88 said:
No, it was a stupid article. If you're going to satirize something, at least make it half-accurate. For instance (this is my take), to find out of your son is hacking, ask him for our IP address! If he knows, he's hacking other computers!
I think it's supposed to be making fun of the stupidity of the average person: the sad thing is that a lot of people would believe what's in that article... there have been a few people that I mentioned I used Linux to them, and their response was, "Isn't that illegal?" :rolleyes:

"9. Has your son radically changed his appearance?

If your son has undergone a sudden change in his style of dress, you may have a hacker on your hands. Hackers tend to dress in bright, day-glo colors. They may wear baggy pants, bright colored shirts and spiky hair dyed in bright colors to match their clothes. They may take to carrying "glow-sticks" and some wear pacifiers around their necks. (I have no idea why they do this) There are many such hackers in schools today, and your son may have started to associate with them. If you notice that your son's group of friends includes people dressed like this, it is time to think about a severe curfew, to protect him from dangerous influences"

I guess I'm not a hacker...

LOL I think you started a flame war also. total chaos will rule the world :evil:. and here you go to become a hacker all you have to is buy quake here google search quake :goodjob:

hbdragon88 said:

The point of the article was basically showing how oblivious many people are to the internet by lying, and saying that many quite worthwhile things are hacker tools.

Top Bottom