Are you mostly playing the Earth map or a random one?

SilverKnight

Prince
Searched the forum and couldn't find another poll, sorry if it's an old question already. After perusing quite a few other threads, just about everyone's games seem to be on a variation of the Earth map.

If, like me, you almost always play Earth, which size is your favorite? I like the monster one best by far, but it's pretty slow on my minimum spec laptop, already CTD twice.

SilverKnight

I always play Earth Huge.

I only wish there were a way to somewhat accurately portray each civilization's historical location for each game rather than it being completely randomized. Seeing America in Africa, Arabia in Norway, and France in Mongolia annoys me.

Inland Sea and Oval are my favorites. Earth is bad, imo.

now with tsl working right always earth huge.

Has Dale fixed the problem with City states failing to found there cities?

When I play as the Romans on the huge earth map Venice and Ragusa dont set up as there within 2 squares of Rome... There also seems to be a similar problem South eastern Europe with Belgrade and Bucharest doing the same thing.

Weirdly the City state settlers wont move and I have to push them outside the 2 square zone by buying tiles out from under them (Venice usually ends up founding in Southern France and Ragusa ends up in Tunisia)

Haven't even touched an earth map yet. I've done two Continents, a Small Continents, and am in the middle of a Tiny Islands.

I did an Earth map once for the achievement and I'll never play it again. One of my favorite parts of Civ is the exploration and unknown. It's stupid when I'm like "Oh, I'm in California." then I already know the rest of the map.

so far i have played earth huge map, inland sea small, continents standard size.

I usually go advanced setup since their more maps and i can customize my game

I always play Earth Huge.

I only wish there were a way to somewhat accurately portray each civilization's historical location for each game rather than it being completely randomized. Seeing America in Africa, Arabia in Norway, and France in Mongolia annoys me.

you can, there's a button to click in advanced

I usually play a mix of different map types, only played on game so far and it was a standard size continents map. Do they have the old/new world type maps of Civ 4? I really enjoyed those.

you can, there's a button to click in advanced

If you're referring to the option I think you are, it only bases the position on surrounding terrain, and the option is to remove the area-based start. At least that's my best guess, since it's what I've been using (or not using, as the case may be). To the game's credit, it stuck Egypt in exactly its area and I exaggerated when I said it was completely random since they tend to get a similar area more often than pure random would suggest.

I usually play a mix of different map types, only played on game so far and it was a standard size continents map. Do they have the old/new world type maps of Civ 4? I really enjoyed those.

Yes. In Advanced under Terra you can get an Old World start with an untouched New World. There's also an existing mod to randomize what the New World actually is.

Top Bottom