Arid Map first 100 turn gameplay

I wonder how KP's bonus will work with 50% faster cities. That means 6-7 turns. Will they get tiles quicker, some at 1 turn and some at 2 turns? Or perhaps 2 tiles every 3 turns or something? Or will it get 1 tile every 3 turns then on tge 7th get the next 4 all at once.

50% faster means a tile per 2 turns, total of 10 turns.

Also, when health dropped, culture went from 1 to 0 (assuming some rounding)
Good find. And my dream of KP + Artist ICS died.

50% faster means a tile per 2 turns, total of 10 turns.

Good find. And my dream of KP + Artist ICS died.

Just have to get the health.

Outpost started with a bonus tile, claimed 1 tile per 3 turns, took 15 turns to become a city.
Outpost does not lower health.

When city was completed, his health dropped to -3 from 2. So its -4 health per city.

Even with unhealthiness(-4), city kept growing normally(no food penalty). But there was -10% science penalty (pop 2 city produced 1.8 science)

Production was unaffected.

I also noticed that he built the outpost on a miasma tile, and that had no effect.
I could be mistaken but it looks like building cities on top of miasma, neutralizes it.

If it takes 15 turns for a city to become operational on normal speed can you imagine how long it will take on marathon settings?

What a horrible video. I just had to stop watching when he made the analogy with a girl with blue hair. I think we're intelligent enough not to need an analogy. Just to say, it's pretty much Civ 5 with a different skin and some different mechanics.

Well at least it did not take him long to get to turn 100. Skip all quest info, keep workers near aliens, ignore the expedition with your explorers and give away all of your money to your neighbor without asking for something equal in return. At least it is more info on the game.

Odd thing is he's a pretty damn good xcom player. The big downside is he plays lots of EU4 which I get the draw but it's hardly a game you play to win since you can't. It's a sandbox exercise in so called historical play which ends up anything but that as you slowly grind away forever or until you die of boredom. I recently checked out his channel enjoyed xcom but am a bit shocked he didn't even bother to play Brave New World as a strategy game player....

Same Game Engine. But it doesn't look like a DX9 version is included (unlike Civ V).
The official game minimum specs are the same that the min specs for the DX11 version were.

After that there are some things implying that late game lag will be more of a problem in BE than Civ V (fewer game mechanic rules punishing self founding of many cities*, and one of the victory conditions require a lot of space) while there are other things implying that late game lag will be less of a problem in BE (fewer outposts [city state equivalent] , no trade units shown on the maps)

* It basically looks like the main thing intended to put the brakes on REXing is the environment itself. In addition since new settlements start as an outpost and need a city connection to start the process of becoming a full blown city, anyone would founds one right next to another faction may find that outpost taken over by that faction without a war.

Oh thanks for the info. This is very useful infomation. :goodjob:

Although it took a lot of sifting through and a lot of rum to numb the pain that the lp'er voice caused it's great that we finally got to see Hutama in action.

It's nice to see confirmation that Indonesia is part of the Commonwealth of the Pacific and has an Australian accent.

OMG.... Who s that guy and WHY did he get to do such video ? Guy is terrible and spills craploads of wrong informations :eek:

OMG.... Who s that guy and WHY did he get to do such video ? Guy is terrible and spills craploads of wrong informations :eek:

I agree wholeheartedly: hair color and money skills are some really stupid criteria to select your life partner...

I agree wholeheartedly: hair color and money skills are some really stupid criteria to select your life partner...

He probably comes from the Middle Ages. Hair color can get you branded as a witch and it is always good if at least one person in the family knows how to count.

I'm wondering guys (actually it never occurred to me):

The game starts at the 27th century, but when does it end? Is it 6500 years of evolution as in Civilization?

I'm wondering guys (actually it never occurred to me):

The game starts at the 27th century, but when does it end? Is it 6500 years of evolution as in Civilization?

you can win in as few as 200-300 turns according to Pete (his purity affinity vid of his winning turn had a turn counter of 2xx. But you might be able to play longer. We expect a turn to loosely correspond with 1 (earth?) year, but since the planet is somwhere in the goldilocks zone of a star that might vary a bit (since distance and solar mass would be the prime variables in orbit frequency). Lets just say 300 years probably, but it could be down to 100 or up to one thousand years, depending on how turns correspond to earth years.

To be fair, he did admit he hadn't played much Civ5 since Gods & Kings. Also, he was playing the game in a pretty unnatural environment where he had limited time and was restricted to the first 100 turns. It's not surprising then that he is 'rushing' through different choices and not stopping to think and strategise so much. He's trying to explore as much of the gameplay as possible, not necessarily trying to play the 'best' game he can.

Also, my understanding of how these kind of preview events work is that his playthrough was recorded a week or two ago at the event and the footage was probably only given to him recently with restrictions on what he could edit or upload. So his commentary is based on his memory of what he was doing in that particular rushed playthrough and he is a busy Let's Player who plays lots of different games.

As far as his specific comments and thoughts on the game, remember he is talking to his viewers on his channel, not just contributors or even lurkers in forums like this one. It is quite possible that many of his viewers know little of CivBE and it makes sense he'd relate it to Civ5 for them.

Just came across another playthrough of the first 100 turns (haven't watched yet, hopefully it is actually 100 turns this time):

Link to video.

Edit: watching now, it's *much* better than NorthernLion's.

Top Bottom