Arid Map first 100 turn gameplay

This latter video is excellent compared to that mess that first video was. Lots on new info can be found from this video.

In the ARC video at 24 minutes in there's our civpedia with what I assume to be the harmony special units at the very bottom with xeno swarm and xeno titan which we already knew about but to me more interestingly we have the xeno cavalry which I don't think has been mentioned anywhere and I wonder what the all-seer will be in the top left.

Bionics unlock Biowell improvement, which is buildable on any terrain.
+1 health, flat 2 food yield with 2 energy maintenance.

And Petroleum well have 2 energy, -1 health maintenance.

Thanks for posting the 2nd video. Much better. An actual walkthough with good information.

Some items from the civilopedia page he brought up:

Deep Space Satellite
Lasercom Satellite (was a prerequisite for the Purity and Supremacy Victories)
Orbital Fabricator
Orbital Laser
Weather Controller

Some items from the civilopedia page he brought up:

Deep Space Satellite
Lasercom Satellite (was a prerequisite for the Purity and Supremacy Victories)
Orbital Fabricator
Orbital Laser
Weather Controller

The weather controller, at least, was spoiled in todays livestream.

Weather Controller: 60 minerals (on quick), 2 petroleum and 1 Titanium. Lasts 48 turns (on quick), with an effect range of 1. +1 food on tiles you own, and generates 1-2 new basic resource sources on unimproved tiles across duration. Unlocked at Climate Control.

Did anyone noticed that Slavic Federation and PAC had the "They covet lands that you currently own" modifier even being too far away from the player? They problably plan to own a lot of land.

EDIT: Just finished the Northernlion's gameplay and I simply cannot believe that Rejinaldo speaks SPANISH. I sincerely hope it is just in the first greeting.

EDIT: Just finished the Northernlion's gameplay and I simply cannot believe that Rejinaldo speaks SPANISH. I sincerely hope it is just in the first greeting.

Isn't Brazil was born from Portugal? (During queen Maria 1...Am I right?) And I don't think it will be Spanish.

im really disappointed with diplomacy and health .

diplomacy is just copy/paste from civ5, Other than "favors" it is completely the same ,even the dialog are the same .
and the health is basically the same as happiness mechanic in civ 5, which was lame and lazy/artificial way to hinder your progress

That would be a huge oversight of the Civ Team (which should theoretcally know these things).

Considering the earlier discussion of Kozlov's voice acting, I'm not even surprised.
Rejinaldo might not be of Brasilian origin at all though, considering it's a conglomerate of nations like almost every other faction.
Then, there's a catch-all explanation that it's future Brazil :dunno:

And Kavitha simply speaks English.

Personally I think that all of them should speak English. I think it'd be less arbitrary, more plausible and more fun to listen to. It'd probably be more easy to do as well.

Yeah that guy is better. But still, why in hell would you take on that worm at that point ?

Though, something came to mind watching this video. If you start with all prod buffs possible, there's a good chance you'll be able to produce quickly a 5/6 man army with range units.

Anyone else fears that it might be way too easy to conquer a "i just landed" neighbor ?

Like take that video. When Brazil lands the player says he'd like to confront brazil (then switch to siege worm, wtf). I'm pretty sure that in his shoes that's what i would have done. Just imagine brazil decided to bring a worker and not a soldier and you march on them with your 2 range units and 3/4 soldiers you produced before they land ?

I mean, wouldnt that be a free capital 80% of the time ?

Would it be that shocking if Rejinaldo spoke Spanish ? The majority of Latin America's population speaks Spanish after all, and the south-eastern part of Brazil already has the mixed "portunhol"... once again, need I remind you guys that this is in the distant future after a cataclysmic event : things change, language being one of them. I wouldn't be shocked if Elodie spoke something other than French, because you know, this is not a historical game.

@cazaderon : the later AIs arrive, the more stuff they start with, so they would probably have some military units as well as a worker etc. if they arrived really late.

Yeah that guy is better. But still, why in hell would you take on that worm at that point ?

Though, something came to mind watching this video. If you start with all prod buffs possible, there's a good chance you'll be able to produce quickly a 5/6 man army with range units.

Anyone else fears that it might be way too easy to conquer a "i just landed" neighbor ?

Like take that video. When Brazil lands the player says he'd like to confront brazil (then switch to siege worm, wtf). I'm pretty sure that in his shoes that's what i would have done. Just imagine brazil decided to bring a worker and not a soldier and you march on them with your 2 range units and 3/4 soldiers you produced before they land ?

I mean, wouldnt that be a free capital 80% of the time ?
Late landers get bonuses.
That could include multiple free units or a defensove bonus to their capital.

Brasilia landed really really close there. They will certainly need dealt with sooner rather than later, that's for sure. Makes for an interesting game. Your whole strategy might need to change at that point. Very interesting.

Top Bottom