Art Assets in Civilization 6: A Modding Guide

Hi guys! I'm trying to follow Leugi's tutorial to make custom units but I'm not able to put any attachments to the armor I select. They don't show up in the previewer. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance

Unfortunately viewing unit attachments was broken in the September 2019 SDK patch and hasn't been fixed yet. Asset cooking attachments still works so you can view assembled units in game but that part of the Asset Viewer is out of action unless/until Firaxis release a fix for it.

Thank you very much for your answer Deliverator!!!! I thought that I was doing something wrong. Should I guess that the animation previewer is also broken? Because they don't show up either.

Does anyone knows why most of body assets shows up in the asset previewer like a giant exclamation mark???

Also as soon as you Save As the asset previewer controls tabs disappear and you are not able to modify anything...

Have a couple of questions regarding projectiles and visual effects, the answer would be perhaps interesting for other modders too (i hope so).

• i never tried to mod modern units. now if i want to make a special helicopter for example, and am unsure how i can change the position where the helicopter’s rockets/projectiles fires (start to move to the „target“) (cause i want to use a custom armature+animations)
  • Same for Ships with custom Armatures...where i need to set from where the arrows/projectiles start?
  • need the armature some kind of special „bones“, only for the projectiles?
  • Is it actually possible to create new visual effects?
  • is it in theory, possible to have a Ship firing catapult stones instead of arrows? I saw Deliverator mentioned this somewhere, that we can make a projectile transfer or something, from one asset to another.

That would be it for now, thanks in advance.

In Asset Editor you can select an attachment point then move it's location with your mouse or manually imputing the coordinates.
You can create your own attachment point as well and then just associate it with a bone the is close to where you need it. Then move the attachment point as above to the desired location for fine tuning.
If you have a custom attachment point you need to assign it to your effect in timeline editor if the effects are pre-existing. or
Effects can be copied from other unit timelines, pasted and assigned to your attachment point.
If the attachment point is in a behavior file it will need to be a user created behavior file not an original if that makes sense. You can just re-save the existing behavior file and point your asset to the new behavior file.
Yes it is possible to create new visual effects and they can also be imported from Civ 5.

In Asset Editor you can select an attachment point then move it's location with your mouse or manually imputing the coordinates.
You can create your own attachment point as well and then just associate it with a bone the is close to where you need it. Then move the attachment point as above to the desired location for fine tuning.
If you have a custom attachment point you need to assign it to your effect in timeline editor if the effects are pre-existing. or
Effects can be copied from other unit timelines, pasted and assigned to your attachment point.
If the attachment point is in a behavior file it will need to be a user created behavior file not an original if that makes sense. You can just re-save the existing behavior file and point your asset to the new behavior file.
Yes it is possible to create new visual effects and they can also be imported from Civ 5.

Thank you! All understood.

I am trying to replace Governor portraits with the ones I've prepared. I lack knowledge of ModBuddy, so I am using the only mod available that changes governor icons - [GS] Mirror Governor Icons (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2006256348).

I thought I could open the .blp file to simply drag out and in the files, but that seems not possible. Any way I can get it done?

Hey guys i need help with a error message: ''cannot find asset cooker'', can anyone help with this? (i know this has nothing to do with this thread, but i want to play with mods)
2021-09-10.png

Top Bottom