• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Ashes: Australia v England 2006/7

Australia started battling and scored 500...off the first over and declared, that England were crap at bowling :D

Word has it that Shane is going to announce his retirement at the end of this series.

I saw him play at Accrington in the Lancashire League when he was (I think) an 18 year old a long time ago.

One of the truly greats - and up there with Bradman.

Well congratulations to Shane for being a great of the game. The word here is that Glenn McGrath will be next and maybe this is the chance every other team is waiting for, the retirement of the Australian Team, when we knew was going to happen eventually. But we have the stocks to take up the slack.

As long as Australia dont replace Warne with MacGill I will be happy. Dan Cullen or Cameron White are much longer term spinners (White has been speculated as a future captain)

Well there goes Australia's bowling attack...

They're gonna get schooled next time round...:mischief:

As long as they don't go to the same school england sends its bowlers too then there shouldn't be a problem:D

Magnificent batting by Hayden and Symonds on this pitch that has real zip and movement; particular good show to Symonds for his maiden ton.

Yes, excellent display from Symonds but I am still not convinced he will ever be a consistent test player.

Dissapointed that Hayden got so far considering he has been out LBW three times. Still, good knock from him too, was under pressure at the start of the series from players like Jacques.

It is only his first 100, in only a handful of tests. Similar things have been said about many players in the past; likewise, many who have been lauded as Test stars in the making have been strangled at birth and their broken bodies thrown to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field.

Now, to the main event: Australia win by an innings to go up 4-0. Good show and well bowled Brett Lee. Nice to see the boot not coming off the throat. One more to go and make it a whitewash.

*'Who do you think you are kidding Mr. Hitler...'* :D

Well, taken completely off "The Now Show":

It should not be a surprise that we are losing to Australia for what is cricket? Cricket is a sport where you hit something with a stick and run away, something ideally suited to the criminal mentality :D

:agree:

And let not forget that the English invented 90% of the sports around today yet can't win at any:p

They even have to get foreigners to come and teach them how to play their own games:lol:

:agree:

And let not forget that the English invented 90% of the sports around today yet can't win at any:p

They even have to get foreigners to come and teach them how to play their own games:lol:

Hey, 2006 we won the "World Cup of Scissors, Paper, Stone" and don't forget who still are "Rugby World Champions" and thusly have lost pretty much every game since.

Nice to see I struck a nerve though :D

And naturally the English had to invent this game, so it says alot about the English then, doesn't it, kittenOFchaos? :mischief:

Says even more about the Australians :lol: :lol:

Hey, 2006 we won the "World Cup of Scissors, Paper, Stone" and don't forget who still are "Rugby World Champions" and thusly have lost pretty much every game since.

Nice to see I struck a nerve though :D

Well i stand corrected, apart from the occasional miricle, like 1966(Football) and 2005(Rugby) the English can't win in sports that they invented.

I do conceed the English have an excellent sense of humour, which i guess you have to have given the routine floggings you suffer in all sports

Whitewashed. Excellent.

Top Bottom