Ashes of Erebus (RifE's Follow-up) Download and Bug Reports

On a different note im getting a weird bug maybe with the elves... Which is massive negative relations penalty with other civs from past events have drawn our people apart... No idea where its coming from.
It just seems to be something that happens.

Game's crashing on end of Turn 272. I've got the 4GB patch installed, so it shouldn't be that. Any help?

I rolled back another turn and then made it to Turn 276 before the same crash as before.

Have decided to cut to the chase and am reinstalling the entire game.
Reinstalled, new game, same settings.

Crash on 219.

It's the problem I had before applying the 4GB patch except I've applied the 4GB patch and I'm still having this problem.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0219.CivBeyondSwordSave
    415.9 KB · Views: 154
Getting crashes still. Most games, the game crashes sometime between turn 70 and turn 150, and reloading and playing again will get past the crashy bit. However, sometimes there's a constant crashing on a specific turn. The autosave uploaded occasionally crashes end of turn 129, but has always crashed turn 130. I only have BannorChainOfCommand, BlackDuke, Dural and Frozen modules enabled, because I was trying to slowly disable modules to see if any of the modules caused the crashes. Plus I noticed certain issues with module conflicts when managing modules (Which seems to have been mentioned earlier in the thread).

Edit: And another one. End of turn 178 this time.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Turn_0129.CivBeyondSwordSave
    187.3 KB · Views: 169
  • AutoSave_Turn_0177.CivBeyondSwordSave
    277.5 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
I don't play multiplayer, so it's fine.
Ok the file is attached, just replace the CvDiplomacy.py file in Assets/python by this one

Game's crashing on end of Turn 272. I've got the 4GB patch installed, so it shouldn't be that. Any help?

I rolled back another turn and then made it to Turn 276 before the same crash as before.

Have decided to cut to the chase and am reinstalling the entire game.

Ok that first one is weird. The second is one of the usual python things.

As for the crashes, i'll see what i can diagnose from them. Thanks

honestly, i have no idea where the python thing comes from. Someone (mknnn) reported that it seemed to work better when deleting the cache between sessions. So if that turns out to be true, that gives me two things. One i have a quickfix in deleting the cache at game start, and two i can maybe find what is wrong with the caching system

honestly, i have no idea where the python thing comes from. Someone (mknnn) reported that it seemed to work better when deleting the cache between sessions. So if that turns out to be true, that gives me two things. One i have a quickfix in deleting the cache at game start, and two i can maybe find what is wrong with the caching system
The python stuff, bizarre as it sounds, I can cope with, as reloading often dodges the issue.

It's the crashing that's rather more pressing (for me, anyway).

Cache clearing did get me past the end-of-turn crashes.

The frequency of exception spam & bugged diplo & startup crashes seems to have increased, however.

Cache clearing did get me past the end-of-turn crashes.

The frequency of exception spam & bugged diplo & startup crashes seems to have increased, however.
Caught these 2 on my last 3 goes:
python 1.png
python 2.png

Applied. Diplomacy now behaves, but end-of-turn crashes resume. E.g. here:

Attachments

• Raitlor Turn_0292.CivBeyondSwordSave
    549.1 KB · Views: 147
Been getting this one a lot:

exception 1.png

Interestingly though - when I got this exception I managed to end turn successfully. Got a surprise Aeron's Chosen, which is a common sign of "stuff gone wrong", but unlike the exception-free scenario it didn't crash.

I don't know if these are helpful, but here are my most recent crash dump files. A lot of them when I try to load an autosave, so I don't have a saved game to upload. Others are random, with no obvious pattern.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.14080.zip
    84.8 KB · Views: 146
More crash dump files, unaccompanied by python exception popups. Nearly all occurred when I tried to load autosaves, so I don't have a saved game to upload. Hope they're helpful, because this is all I can provide.

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword.exe.18584.zip
    83.9 KB · Views: 141
More crash dump files, unaccompanied by python exception popups. Nearly all occurred when I tried to load autosaves, so I don't have a saved game to upload. Hope they're helpful, because this is all I can provide.
You can still upload the autosaves.

Top Bottom